PDA

View Full Version : Funny Taste When I Breath!

clarkybird
11-06-08, 09:52
I wandered if anybody else has the same symptoms as me..

Since suffering from Anxiety and depression 2 months ago,.I have had a funny taste in my mouth and seems to be when i breath,.I have never had this before.

I am on citalopram now and have been for 6 weeks and i feel they are not helping.Also I am taking lamsoprazole for the intense acid reflux that i was suffering.Admittidley the acid isnt as bad but i still have this taste/smell when i breath and its frightening me.I aslo have a funny ammonia type smell in my nose now and again......

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

TidusRawlings
11-06-08, 10:32
Hi clarkybird

I too get a funny taste/smell sometimes when i breath, I suffer with reflux too and when I spoke to my doctor about it a while ago he said it was a combination of the reflux and the meds that was causing it to happen so I would not worry he told me it was quite normal.

clarkybird
11-06-08, 10:39
Do you sometimes feel like its coming from your stomach as this is what I am worrying about? How long have you suffered with yours for?I think that because ive never had it before thats why i am worried??

DWas your reflux caused by anxiety?

Clarkybird xxx

TidusRawlings
11-06-08, 10:49
Yeah my reflux was caused by the anxiety I have had it on and off for about a year since i have been taking olanzapine, and yeah it feels like its comin from my stomach, so i would not worry too much another thing that can cause it is if you somoke.

clarkybird
11-06-08, 10:56
Thank you for this.I appreciate it alot. i had convinced myself I had stomach c????????????But if i had this I would be sick as a dog and not be eating??????

Im goign back to the doctors on friday to see if he can give me any other meds for this funny taste :-).

x