PDA

View Full Version : Please read as I need information on Paroxetine and Pregnancy, thank you

joyce1980
11-06-08, 11:18
Hello there,

I was hoping to gather information on people here who have taken Paroxetine during pregnancy and how it went, I take paroxetine and would have had mixed information from my Drs, some say not a problem and some say don't take it.

If you could please tell me the dosage you were on and how long during the pregnancy you took it for.

I'm sure this would be very helpful to others here as well.

Thank you all for you input, as I am really in need of personal experiences with Paroxetine and pregnancy.

Again, thank you.

linzi
11-06-08, 12:38
hiya.i was on paroxetine throughout my pregnancy,but im sorry i cant remember the dosage as it was almost 3 years ago.
it did make for feel very sick taking it in pregnancy but had no problems.i did towards the end move on to taking it in a liquid form and slowly lowering the dose.my son was born completely healthy with no effects from any medication.

at my six week check after having him my doctor took me off paroxetine because i was on such a low dose by then i could stop.

joyce1980
11-06-08, 14:22
Thank you for your experience, I need this medication but with so many people giving me diff advice I am now out on a mission to find out.

Thank you.

bab
12-06-08, 13:47
Hi Guys

Paroxetine was the only medication that worked for me - i was on it for 6 yrs and came off because i wanted to be off tablets - i then needed to go on tablets so tried different others because of the bad press but none have worked as well -

people tell me not to go on this again because of bad press but it sounds like people think it really works - im stressed as i know i do need to go back on meds