PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

panicsucks
11-06-08, 12:29
hello everyone

iv been suffering from panic attacks for about 4? years now, it started very mild and every now and then but now its happening quite alot, i can't attend job interviews as i feel stuck there and icant escape if i feel panic coming, im training to become an IT technician so its important that i get this sorted out

my story...

it al started when my parents split up which was obiously deeply stressful for me at the time i was using marajuana at the time with freinds to blank out what was happening (not sure if that can be linked at all)

i was then at college went to tesco and suddenly this overwhelming force came over me for about 3 secounds i just assumed it was nothing which i now know it wasn't it was my first attack, after that i would have them in college classes, i dropped out as a result as i felt i was seriously ill, i then went to work for a garden centre which was perfectly fine until they made me use till's then that was it, i had one in once and a while, then nearly everytime i was on there, then to a point where i couldnt even go near the tills at one stange the force was so extreme i just walked out and went home, cryed my eyes out and finally told my parents what id been experiencing they took me to the doctors and they diagnosed me with panic attacks.

since then iv been on propranolol which i didn't realy find helped much then i was put on another drug which i cant remeber the name, but the last one caused me to have wierd gazey feelings it would be kind of like tunnel vision stuck stareing like u would when u "day dream" and that freaked me out so i came off those, im not at a stage where im not sure what to do i don't really get panic attacks much now unless i have time off work and when i come back i feel mildly dizzy and panicy (my guess is im unfamiliersing myself with the surrundings which then makes me worried)

all in all id just like to know how to get rid of this as its causing me alot of problems in life i just want my freedom back

what are my options?

chalky
11-06-08, 12:38
Hi Panicsucks,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
The starting point for recovery is recognising what your problems are.
Have a look through the Main Menu for symptom recognition and also for coping strategies.
You will also benefit from the friendship and understanding on offer here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

panicsucks
11-06-08, 12:57
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

i hope so as i wanna start enjoying myself not have to constantly try so hard to do simple things

polly123
11-06-08, 14:58
Hi Panicsucks
Welcome to nmp, ive been suffering with panic attacks and bad anxiety, but managed to stay off meds so far, i would def reccomend you read up as much as possible on panic and aniety the forum on hereis full of advice and tips on how to try and overcome your problems, you can also get loads of books on it as well, ive found them all such a big help
best of luck to you
POLLY XX

milly jones
11-06-08, 18:47
hi panicsucks,

i am on meds for anxiety, and have had cbt and counselling to help.

however i have recently relapsed again and am receiving psychoanalytical therapy, only had 3 sessions yet.

have u asked ur gp regarding other options than meds?

anxiety is an awful hidden illness

but there is a wealth of knowledge at nmp

take care

millyxx

panicsucks
11-06-08, 20:33
im assuming anxitity is what causes my attacks therefor i need to deal with both

i was told or my parents were anyway that i was a sufferer from that about 10 years ago when my gramp died it started me off obessing over my health and thinking i was ill all the time

thanks for the welcomes i will check out what the site has to offer

EDIT: well iv been reading alot now i can curtanly relate to alot of the things on there

first of all, the agraphobia, that is a definete one, me and my girl freind have some many problems over this as she wants to go out or do something but i cant i feel like it will happen here and there and therefor i wont go and we argue etc and that then makes me feel worse and guilty, further helping it to be worse off next time

insomnia i do have alot of problems sleeping at home but when im at my gf's at the weekends i sleep at like 11 i think i feel safer with her?? i fall asleep at mine around 2 am maybe 3 or even 4 and wake at 10 ish, i always feel i have something to do and i dont wanna start another day yet so i keep doing "fun" things

also alot of the symptoms i can seriously relate to

has anyone had hypnotherapy? how effective is it? i just need a list of my options as my doctor hasn't really explained my options much

panicsucks
13-06-08, 12:22
bump? lol