PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

kaz0904
11-06-08, 13:24
Hello, I'm Karen, and have just started posting on this forum.

I'm 31 and have been suffering from anxiety for a couple of years now. I have only just discovered this website, and I am finding it a huge help.

So anyway, a couple of years ago, I started feeling ill. My IBS, which I have had since I was a teenager, got really bad, and I was getting severe surging pain in my arms, legs, neck, head, chest.....everywhere basically. I convinced myself I had cancer and AIDS (both at the same time, so there was really no hope for me at all) and finally went to the doctors! I was told I had Anxiety Disorder, caused by extreme stress. Not a surprise, we had just bought a house, I had just passed my driving test, I was being pursued by the Inland Revenue for thousands of pounds in Tax Credits I had never recieved, and my ex-husbands mother was pestering me for unsupervised access to my daughter (long story also!)
Anyway, to cut to the chase, I ended up on meds for 3 months, but got pregnant, so I had to come off them. Straight away, which meant I came crashing down again! Being pregnant made the anxiety fade into the distance for me, but now the baby is 8 months old, and my old problems are slowly returning. I'm back at the bad IBS stage at the moment, so I am taking meds for that. I don't want to end up on antidepressants again, so I am looking for other ways to solve the problem.

But having found this website, I am happy that there are other people who suffer like I do, and can talk things through with! :)

Kaz

milly jones
11-06-08, 13:47
hi kaz

no ur very much not alons hun, theres 100000 of us lol

glad u found us

hope u find as much comfort here as i do

welcome

milly xxx

est
11-06-08, 13:49
welcome to hmp hun you l find loads of help here xxx :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

marie1974
11-06-08, 14:09
hi kaz and welcome, this site is great and what u have is a very common disorder and there are loads on here who will be able to offer u great advice and support, you will also make some new friends too hugs xx

Lindalou64
11-06-08, 15:20
Hello Kaz And Welcome...wish Ya Well.....linda

chalky
11-06-08, 17:22
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
11-06-08, 17:25
Hi Karen

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Nibbles
11-06-08, 20:16
Hi Kaz and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

thevoicewithinme
12-06-08, 09:48
Hello Kaz (I'm another Kaz) :smile: and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and will also meet people who truly understand how you are feeling.

Kaz x

kellie
13-06-08, 08:41
Hiya Kaz, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You have found a great site with lots of lovely understanding ppl who will give you lots of support/advice/reasurance. Hope to talk to you soon in chat.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx