PDA

View Full Version : anyone taken lansprozole for acid reflux caused by anxiety?

clarkybird
11-06-08, 14:33
I have been taking lansoporzole for acid reflux for 3 weeks now.I have never suffered with this until suffering with anxiety????

Although initially the acid reflux would keep me up at nite etcetc it is still there,when i breath and in my chest???

Has anyone else found that meds dont work if this is all caused by anxiety?

Any advise would be great?

Thanks

cLAKRYBIRD X

Trixie
11-06-08, 15:46
I have been taking lansoporzole for acid reflux for 3 weeks now.I have never suffered with this until suffering with anxiety????

Although initially the acid reflux would keep me up at nite etcetc it is still there,when i breath and in my chest???

Thanks

cLAKRYBIRD X

I take the same capsules but I have an over production of acid. Mine is not caused by anxiety as my sister suffers from the same thing. I find them excellent once I forgot to take them and :ohmy: so I took some bicarbonate of soda to neutralise the acid.:yesyes:

joyce1980
11-06-08, 16:48
I took it for 4 weeks and it took a while to work, actually most people get another 4 weeks dose and sometimes another after that.

The thing is, if you are still suffering from anxiety and causing acid then it wont get better straight away, you can treat the sypmtoms but you really need to focus on treating the main cause....Anxiety, It may seem like a lifetime away but when the anxiety calms down so will the anxiety symptoms.

God bless

jabeebabee
09-04-10, 22:01
I am taking Lanzoprazole and Fluoxetine(for anxiety) and am finding that I get really anxious about getting acid reflux even though I'm taking a Proton Pump Inhibitor. I,m not sure if the Lanzoprazile will work on anxiety induced acid reflux. I seem to get indigestion as soon as I take the PPI or the anti depressant. I feel as thought they both stick in my osoephogus... any one else experience this???

maybeoneday
09-04-10, 23:06
ive been suffering for months with indegestion, pain on upper left side, breathlessness etc doctor said to take lansoprazole but silly me read the side effects now im scared to take them, anyone had bad side effects on them? when i have the indegestion etc im more anxious ,

waxonwaxoff
09-04-11, 07:32
I've taken omaprazole for acid reflux and i suffer with anxiety, until now i wouldn't have connected the 2 together. My doctor knows about my anxiety and stress but he didnt say anything about one caused by the other.

I ran out of the meds the other week and the first few days i had bad reflux but i've been working hard on my anxiety, and my anxiety was bad, i mean it got to the stage where my anxiety was causing problems to my nervous system like uncontrollable muscle twitching for one. But like i say i've been working myself through the anxiety and things are a lot better and recently ive noticed my acid reflux has got a lot better. It's not only anxiety but stress too is a problem for me and i believe that is a trigger some of my symptoms and maybe part of the anxiety too.

I would treat the anxiety first (if that is the main issue), no meds will sort this out in my opinion, they will only hold it off, you have to get to the bottom of why you get anxiety in order to sort this problem out because then you can work on ways to deal with it. Anxiety can cause a massive range of mental and physical symptoms, I bet its causing your reflux, If your worried about the side effects talk to your doctor.
__________________________________________________ ______________
<link removed>

Greenman50
09-04-11, 08:19

Thanks

cLAKRYBIRD X

been on them for 6 months , my dr said mine was caused by anxiety . it took 3.5 months to settle down , it takes awhile . you could ask for ranitidine aswell , i take one at night before i go to bed and there great .

I,m starting on the lower dose of 15 mg next week as its going so well .

Don,t worry if it takes months , as the others have said the anxiety isn,t helping as your stomach produces more acid when your anxiuos .

Take care
x

Pcdaft
10-04-11, 00:08
i take zoton fast tab every morning for mine and that seems to work for me ?