PDA

View Full Version : How long do your worries last?

phil06
11-06-08, 18:48
I sometimes worry about something and a few hours later I forget. My fears I seem to worry about most and more regular sometimes about a month solid and then it eases off onto another worry.

How long do your worries last?

milly jones
11-06-08, 18:58
if its at night generally all night lol

my worries last until i feel i can do nothing more to make things better

my worries are generally about what ive said to ppl

unfortunately i can tend to persist and make things worse by trying too hard to mend things, then further upset ppl

its not something intentional, but an irrational impulse, due to social anxiety

so its not to do with time, just making things ok again generally

hope that makes sense

milly xx

phil06
11-06-08, 19:05
I go through phases. Sometimes it can be all night and I get no sleep but recently it's been a pop up daily normally when I'm doing nothing. If I am out and busy, work or something I'm fine. It can go on about a month or I've had some mad worries lasting over the last year or so.

When I have a boring day its worse. Sometimes something on tv is enough to trigger the worry.

greenday1997
11-06-08, 19:51
phil i can relate to what ur saying a bit my worries used to be exactly the same the main ones, theyd span out for a month maybe 2 or even 3 at a time then they would ease off but at the same time latch onto something else its like the anxiety needs to feed off whatever irrational fear it can get its hands onto.

i know its hard but what you have to try to do is break that cycle, and different things work for different people but distraction works for me and i think - as simple as it sounds it may just be the best method for overcoming things.

its like have u ever been told, oh stop worrying about it you know how silly it sounds etc that kinda thing, theyre half right, if only it were that easy, but worrying abt it and humoring the thawts only gives it the fuel it needs, try to fight it and ur fighting a losing battle because it'll run rings round you, distract yourself, and its like its not there, and soon wont be :)