PDA

View Full Version : I went to A & E

Emira7
11-06-08, 18:51
Hey All

Well I could not stand the pain any longer in my leg, it was just agony today, and my HA has been through the roof. And something inside me said go to A & E, I could not stand it anymore.:lac:

Well, I saw the nurse who determined that my left leg is not swollen. Then I saw a doctor who examined me and said I had something called M parasthesia, I can't remember the first bit!

He gave me two anaesthetic injections and a steroid injection in my leg to stop the pain, he also thinks that will be it now, and that the pain should go.

I feel better now with a numb leg, and i am pleased that I have a reason for something, and that its not a blood clot LOL. So I am still trying to chill at the moment....I will get there.

I just want to give you all a huge hug, as your such a massive support to me!!:hugs:

Thank you - as always:flowers:

Emira
xx

milly jones
11-06-08, 18:55
aww emira,

sorry u had to go thru this

but im glad things turned out good for u

u help us all hun, so no need for thanks

your a joy to knwo

milly xx

Trixie
11-06-08, 18:59
Hey All

Well I could not stand the pain any longer in my leg, it was just agony today, and my HA has been through the roof. And something inside me said go to A & E, I could not stand it anymore.:lac:

Well, I saw the nurse who determined that my left leg is not swollen. Then I saw a doctor who examined me and said I had something called M parasthesia, I can't remember the first bit!

He gave me two anaesthetic injections and a steroid injection in my leg to stop the pain, he also thinks that will be it now, and that the pain should go.

I feel better now with a numb leg, and i am pleased that I have a reason for something, and that its not a blood clot LOL. So I am still trying to chill at the moment....I will get there.

I just want to give you all a huge hug, as your such a massive support to me!!:hugs:

Thank you - as always:flowers:

Emira
xx

I have Meralgia paresthetica in my left thigh from groin to knee and it is completely numb but I get a burning pain if I stand for long and a tingling feeling.

Mine is caused by my back problem (I injured it when I was nursing and I had an op on it). I have suffered from M P since before my son was born and he is 26 so don't worry. Here is some info http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/musclesjoints/203444.html:)

Emira7
11-06-08, 19:10
Thanks Trixie for the information, I had never heard of it before, and its interesting to read about it.
I get the burning as well, do you get pain all around your leg as well? He put the injections in my groin area.

Milly - thanks hun, this site and everyone helps me alot. And your fab to, always ready with support.

Thanks
x

Trixie
11-06-08, 19:15
Thanks Trixie for the information, I had never heard of it before, and its interesting to read about it.
I get the burning as well, do you get pain all around your leg as well? He put the injections in my groin area.

Milly - thanks hun, this site and everyone helps me alot. And your fab to, always ready with support.

Thanks
x

When I was expecting my son I had two of them (the first one wasn't put in the correct position so I had a second one). Yes I do get pain in my leg, when I was expecting my son the pain was horrendous I even had a job to stand , when I was cooking I use to stand with the 'bad' leg resting on a chair:ohmy:

It is still bad (well my back still is so...........) but that's life I am afraid. See how the injections go you can always go back again. I am sure it will be OK.:yesyes:

Emira7
11-06-08, 19:30
Thanks Trixie, I get pain down my leg intermittent and all over really.

Its nice to be pain free at the moment.

xx

bottleblond
11-06-08, 19:47
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Ems :flowers:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Surely that doc you saw a couple of weeks ago should have picked that up :lac:

I'm soooo glad your feeling alot better because i know that leg was bugging you!!

Love and hugs mate

Lisa
xxxxxxx

Emira7
11-06-08, 19:53
Hey Lisa

I am relieved for now, still anxious though, but i will get there.

I spent 4 hours in a and e, but the doctor said it would be worth the wait (ihad to wait for the anaesthetics to come from pharmacy)

The doctor told me that a chiropracter would not help either.

Now i need to work on restoring my mind a little as you know Lisa, I have been going mad just lately.

Love and Hugs + thanks for listening to me whine about me leg!!

Em
xxxxx