PDA

View Full Version : tongue issues

louise0501
11-06-08, 20:06
hey, i'm constantly worried about my tongue and having tongue cancer even though i'm only 21 and i know it is very rare in people under 50. the new problem that i have today is that my tongue feels very sore, i can't see anything there really apart from a few red marks which are very small and not raised or anything. also...my mouth has a weird feeling in it, can't really explain that lol. i also feel short of breath and like i can't breath properly. any ideas what it might be? is it serious?
please reply ASAP
Many Thanks
Louise XXX xxx XXX

cattttt
12-06-08, 02:15
The short of breath bit is most likely anxiety, when you're anxious you don't breath properly and makes you feel like this. Try breathing slowly and making the out breath longer than the in breath. As for your tongue, a sore tongue is very common, I get it regularly and it goes away after a few days. A wierd feeling in your mouth is also likely to be anxiety. Health anxiety is horrible isn't it? We would all love to be without it, but keep telling yourself it's nothing to worry about and keep the gremlins at bay.

milly jones
12-06-08, 11:39
hi hun

i get a really sore tongue

i chew it when anx and it gets soo sore

i use a mouthguard at night when its bad

also ive found that lack of saliva due to meds makes it sore too

lots os water and try chewing gum?

hope this helps

mill x

polly123
12-06-08, 16:57
Hi Louise
This to me sounds very much like classic anxiety, i dont get problems with my tongue, but the breathing, thats a different matter, i go through awful phases with it, thinking omg i cant breath properly, so i do understand how your feeling, have you treid reading books on anxiety and panic??? i find them so helpfull and this site is a god send.
Hope ive been of some help to you
Take Care POLLY XX

bottleblond
12-06-08, 17:07
Hi Louise

Defo NOT tongue cancer....remember!? lol

If these small red marks are painful then try rinsing with some luke warm salt water, it's possible they could be small ulsers, which can also be brought on with anxiety/stress. I get them sometimes just on the inside of my cheeks. Breathlesness and dry mouth will more than likely be down to anxiety because you are worrying so much about it.

Please try to relax and don't poke and prod the area and i'm quite sure it will go away on it's own.

Take care

Love Lisa
xxxxx :flowers:

JacobHope
01-10-08, 18:38
Seeing this thread. I'm really worried, as my 27 year old son went to the dentist, and they advised him going to the hospital. Apparently he has an 8mm circle of slightly raised area where there are too many blood vessels. He went to hospital and they suggest it be cut out, but he has not seen senior consultant but we are all worried sick.

He's been to dentist regularly but never had any problems, plus he has had this turn up previously, and where it has disappeared after a while.

It's only slightly raised and they suggest they can't take a biopsy because its full of blood vessels and would reveal nothing, so suggest cutting it out, which seems extreme.

smcc8172
01-10-08, 22:13
i am suprised they suggest cutting something out without first doing diagnostic test, there are many things which can cause a sore tongue and most of them are completely harmless, maybe you should ask for a second opinion