PDA

View Full Version : Be gentle!

Moo
11-06-08, 21:12
Hello everyone,

I've been suffering from panic attacks for about 10 years. I have no idea if there was a specific trigger, but spent much time at the docs having various blood tests etc to find nothing really wrong other than IBS. I coasted along for a few years having good weeks and bad days, then when I had my first child in 2003 I suffered mild PND, for which no help was forthcoming, which made my panic really bad (lack of sleep, isolation, huge feeling of responsibility etc etc). I had my second child in 2005 and had worse PND, so saw the doc, who was so horrible to me and told me anti -d's or electric shock therapy were my only options. Then we moved house and I got a lovely health visitor, who was more understanding and sent me to a PND support group and told me to ask my new doctor for CBT. I saw a lovely counsellor but as it was NHS it was limited to a certain number of sessions. I was ok for a while after that, as his suggestions and techniques were fresh in my mind and I was only getting the odd bad day. I was proud of the fact I had still not had anti - d's ( although I understand that people do need them) but I didn't want to go down that road as the possible side effects scared me.
Anyway, here I am now, and things have got worse, bad days have started outweighing the good, and to be honest, I'm really hacked off! I found this wonderful site by accident and hope that it can help me to fight back and make the good days return. I also hope to make some new friends that can understand this madness!!! :wacko:

M x

mandie
11-06-08, 22:35
Hi M

:welcome: to the site where im sure u will find lots of us who know what u are going through

love mandiex

belle
11-06-08, 22:45
Hi and welcome :)

x

Patty
12-06-08, 01:22
Hello Moo,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. All the best xx :yesyes:

TidusRawlings
12-06-08, 03:08
Welcome to NMP

I have only been a member for a short time but everyone here seems really nice!!

Lilith1980
12-06-08, 06:52
Hi Moo

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

thevoicewithinme
12-06-08, 09:44
Hello :smile: and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and will also meet people who truly understand how you are feeling.

Kaz x

milly jones
12-06-08, 10:51
hi moo, welcome

glad u decided to join the nmp family

its a life saver here

milly xx

Lindalou64
12-06-08, 12:46
Hello M And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well..........linda

chalky
12-06-08, 19:01
Hi Moo,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
12-06-08, 21:55
Hi Moo and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

kellie
13-06-08, 08:36
Hiya Moo, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You have found a great site with lots of lovely understanding ppl who will give you lots of support/advice/reasurance. Hope to talk to you soon in chat.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx