PDA

View Full Version : Cysts & boils

Lissy43
12-06-08, 10:39
I have another sabaceous cyst behind my ear lobe, 2nd this year. Last one took weeks to go down but it did without antibiotics.

I went to my GP yesterday because I have another lump, she confirmed it was a cyst and that they are totally harmless. Its abit sore but she said unless it turns into a boil I am not to worry, just leave it be. She said if it was infected it would be very hot, red, sore with a yellow head, yuk! It doesn't seem that bad, its abit pea sized, maybe abit bigger and tender to touch at the moment but I guess proding it doesn't help:blush:

She said there was no need for treatment and to just leave it be and not to worry. I am worrying though because a lady on a forum her neighbour had a cyst behind his ear which turned into a boil and he ended up with bacterial meningitis, the dr's thought thats what caused it aparently. I am totally freaking out since I started getting cysts behind my ears:weep: meningitis is the main fear of mine. Today I don't feel so good, been awake since 4am with my son and I feel very very tired and sick so I am not feeling great anxiety wise, worrying I will get meningitis. Surely there isn't a link with boils and meningitis? I am so worried today:weep:

joyce1980
12-06-08, 11:26
Hello there,

Righto, I get these every 3-4 months and my they are painful, I get them in my earlobe on my chin and behind my ear!!

They take weeks to go and once I had to have antibiotics.

It's a Staff infetion, Staff is carried around by everyone usually in the nose (nice enviroment)

Boils and Cysts are quite common and your body is a tough cookie, your antibodies will clear it up, you can take some ibuprofen to take some of the pain and swelling down.

I have had these boils come and go for years and they are always on my head near the brain.

I have never had a problem, they just hurt and my Dr is not worried about them at all !!

You will be ok, they just hurt

x x:yahoo:

Lissy43
12-06-08, 20:54
Thanks very much Joyce,

Hopefully it will go then and not turn into a boil.

Nikkiaj2005
28-09-08, 10:21
Hi! I constantly get cysts under my arms, they are painful! the amount of times ive been to see the dr over these and they have given me antibiotics! i have the ugliest armpits in britain i'm sure, with red blemishes, and lumps everywhere, i sometimes think these are my lymphnodes telling me i have cancer! it's horrible! :weep:

joyce1980
29-09-08, 09:27
Sounds like you have ingrown hairs causing these cysts.

Do you wax under your arms or shave?

Your lymphnodes always swell with any infection, don't worry, it's just your body dealing with the infection.