PDA

View Full Version : Didn't go to work :(

lizzie29
12-06-08, 11:41
Hi

I tried so hard to go to work this morning. I've been worrying so much about it and I was trying to be really positive, and just go for it. I was doing okay but then at the last minute I started freaking out and panicking and had to phone in. I'm a bit gutted that I couldn't do it and feel like I've let people down. But I really did try hard, and that's the main thing isn't it?

x

KDM 82
12-06-08, 11:47
You know what thats exactly what I did yesterday - I got as far as the train station about to get on the train and then turned round and came home. Dont beat yourself up about it - theres no point pushing yourself to the point that you make yourself 10 x worse. I came in to work today and am wishing I didnt, feeling really anxious the whole time - you take it easy, watch some tv and try not to worry about not going in!!

Chin up xx

milly jones
12-06-08, 12:03
hey dont beat urself up bout it hun

ur overall health is far more important than work

i know we all got to do it but better there tomorrow 100%, than 20% today cos of anx and off tomorrow

like KDM says relax and recharge ur batteries

take care

millxx

mandie
12-06-08, 13:41
Hey

Dont worry about it.

Iv been signed off work for a few weeks cause my panic is so bad.

I use to see it as a sign of failure, but realise its like any other illness

love mandie x

mlondon
12-06-08, 17:56
Don't worry about it. Maybe call in sick for the next day or 2 so you don't have to worry. Then why don't you make the journey tomorrow, it might be easier knowing you don't have to go in. Then get home and reward yourself. Hey if you feel ok once you're there just pop in and say, feeling a bit better after all.

never2late
12-06-08, 18:03
I didn't go to work today either. Granted, my work is at my own studio at my home -- but the work is still here . . . and here is where it is going to stay for today. I do not feel badly about it. It will all be here for me tomorrow. Today, I went bicycling for 10 miles in the park and enjoyed a beautiful, sunny summer-like day. Now, I've got a big beef roast in the fire pit outside, and I will begin to slice that up for dinner sandwiches in a few hours.

So . . . whoever felt that they couldn't make it in to work today, have a great day!

You COULD be dead, buried and under the ground . . . so enjoy it.

mlondon
12-06-08, 18:04
Never to late - you life sounds lovely :)

franfhm
12-06-08, 20:44
Don't worry about it too much - go back when your ready, you'll know when :)