PDA

View Full Version : Self-Help Website Study!

kieranlord
12-06-08, 12:15
Hi everyone http://www.ofear.com/images/smilies/wave.gif , my name is Kieran Lord and I am a postgraduate researcher based at the University of Manchester, UK.

Firstly I'd Like to thank Nicola for her support and giving me permission to post details of my proposed study here :)

I have been developing an online self-help programme for dealing with anxieties, fears and phobias, and now I am conducting a study to test how well the website performs before allowing access to a wider community. The website follows a basic 10 step plan that can be used as little or as much as you like.

The study is very simple, and you can withdraw at any stage and do not have to provide any information that you do not want to. I will be giving the website address and then 2-3 weeks later I will send a questionnaire for completion regarding the site.

I hope that this may be of interest to some of you. If so, please e-mail me at Kieran.Lord@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk (Kieran.Lord@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk) for further information. This is only for residents of the UK, although I hope after the study to make it more widely available.

I will be looking to begin the study within the next week or so, so please if you are interested get in touch as soon as possible.

To give you some background to me, I have suffered from problems of social anxiety and panic attacks since my late teens, I'm always willing to share what I have learned.

Thank you http://www.ofear.com/images/smilies/happy3.gif

nomorepanic
12-06-08, 12:21
Hi Kieran

It was lovely to talk to you today and I wish you well with the study.

kieranlord
12-06-08, 12:25
Thank you very much! Seems like a really nice busy community here, I just hope I can get some work done now with all these games!

milly jones
12-06-08, 13:16
thanks kieran

will follow that email if i may

milly xx

kieranlord
12-06-08, 13:17
Please do, the more the merrier milly

alexis
12-06-08, 16:59
Count me in too.

kieranlord
12-06-08, 17:03
Thanks Alexis.

If you could please e-mail me using the address above, or PM me your E-mail address I can send you the details.

Kieran :)

kieranlord
16-06-08, 08:48
Hi everyone.

Can I thank everyone who has got in touch regarding this study and for those who have submitted their consent sheets for participation.

As I am now beginning the study this Wednesday (18th June), please take my apologies that I will not be able to take any further participants that I have not received completed consent forms for by this date. by either E-mail or post.

Please if you have any queries send me an E-mail. :)