PDA

View Full Version : going mad

bab
12-06-08, 13:41
Every day I am getting worse, especially when driving - I am convinced I have a brain tumour and that I am going to keel over at any time - does anyone else get anything like this it is actually taking over my life

milly jones
12-06-08, 13:43
aww bab,

sorry i cant be of any help hun

just hugs and thinking of u

milly xx

mandie
12-06-08, 13:47
Hi Bab

I am going through this, was at dr again getting reassurance that it is anxiety and not a brain tumour, but still having trouble believing it.

wish i knew wot to do to.

please pm anytime if u want to chat

love mandie x

Trixie
12-06-08, 15:25
Every day I am getting worse, especially when driving - I am convinced I have a brain tumour and that I am going to keel over at any time - does anyone else get anything like this it is actually taking over my life

Why would you think you have a brain tumour?

bab
12-06-08, 19:07
Hi Trixie
I have no idea why I think this but to be honest every few days I think there is something different wrong with me. I did have skin cancer 2 years ago and now I think its spread all over my body and its too late to do anything. My health anxiety started yrs ago but this is just an extra thing. I am a hopeless case. I dont have depression and tablets dont work for anxiety

Trixie
12-06-08, 19:19
I know a few people that had melanomas removed and they are fine now. They were caught in time thank goodness. I am sure you will be OK so stop worrying about your brain or you will wear it out.:hugs:

bab
12-06-08, 22:42
Its not just worries about a brain tumour - i worry all day every day and as soon as im out the door i think im going to pass out - any ideas anyone?

joyce1980
13-06-08, 08:59
I have had this fear, I am back on my medication now and feeling better but if it helps this is what i did:

I went and talked to the Dr and told him of All my anxieties and he did some extensive blood testing (6 viles of blood) then he tested my stool and check my blood pressure, my eyes and my lung capacity.

Then sent me for CBT, which I am now doing, I also made the decision to go back on my paroxetine, which has made A Huge diff and I'm feeling better.

The Dr has sent me for an mri to put my mind at ease and although I am feeling better I am still goingin two weeks.:yesyes:

So if it helps, take charge!! go tell your Dr I need some help.

nomore
13-06-08, 11:50
i worry all day every day and as soon as im out the door i think im going to pass out

I am exactly like this as well. As soon as I walk outside I start ot get the lightheadedness and think that something will happen.

It's all anxiety and is extremely annoying and disruptive. I am trying not to pay attention but that's eaier said than done.

miss diagnosis
13-06-08, 12:38
dont worry you are not mad. I get those thoughts too.
Lately when i have been driving with just my son (aged 7) in the car I worry about what would happen if i passed out.

Every night i go to sleep convinced i wont wake up

Id imagine your ealier skin cancer diagnoisis gave you quite a fright and this is why u now fear the worst all the time

Your not alone in this. try to remember that.

xx

bab
13-06-08, 13:40
Thanks so much for your replies - Its so hard to describe to people that dont know and. Joyce, Paroxetine was the only med that worked for me but been of it 6 yrs and because of bad press am scared to go back on it. Today im panicking because I had my oven cleaned and im scared the fumes are dangerous. I just dont know what to do

jodiehind
14-06-08, 22:08
Hi Bab,

I do exactly the same as you, if it isnt a brain tumor it is a heart attack or a stroke? I sometimes go for months and I am fine,but when the thoughts creep in I drive myself insane! I have had all kinds of tests at the docs, bloods, ecg's, bowel exploritories, gastroscopies!! I feel fine for a couple of weeks and feel quite happy they have found nothing, then back it comes again with another ailment.

I can't really give you much advice but just want to let you know you are not alone and there is lots of good advice and lovely people on here to share your experiences with.

hugs, hang in there. xx

Liverbird67
15-06-08, 18:10
You are not alone in this Bab,
Hope that you will feel better soon,
Lots of Love

Debbie

PS keep posting on here and have a good look around the site, it won't cure you over night but it will be a big help.