PDA

View Full Version : Feeling mediocre

mlondon
12-06-08, 18:03
Everyday I think about anxiety and experience it. I am now out and about, seeing friends, working etc but I am still always nervous about any sort of journey or pretty much anything. I know I am doing much better than before but I seem to have got stuck at this 'ok/mediocre' level.

Can it get any better than this? Has anyone else experienced the same thing and got past it?

milly jones
12-06-08, 19:06
i got back to work and was functioning normally again before xmas

milly xx

Franz
12-06-08, 19:22
I am at the mediocre stage too - a "low plateau".

I saw a spiritual healer 2 weeks ago - for advice, rather than healing - and he said not to expect things to change overnight - "a year, two years" he said; and he said you often don't notice that you've turned the corner until a while afterwards.

The healer told me he had had a nervous breakdown. I've just bought his book ("How to Heal and be Healed", Paul Lambillion) and in it he describes his own long journey to recovery and - as he would have it - spiritual enlightenment. He says it took him several years. It is encouraging to be told by a healer that they've been through it themselves. I know there's a lot of quackery out there, and I don't accept fully Paul's take on things, but he seemed to me a person with genuine and quite uncommon insight.

mlondon
13-06-08, 12:44
Thanks Francis, a low plateau, that is exactly it.

samtheman
13-06-08, 20:42
Everyday I think about anxiety and experience it. I am now out and about, seeing friends, working etc but I am still always nervous about any sort of journey or pretty much anything. I know I am doing much better than before but I seem to have got stuck at this 'ok/mediocre' level.

Can it get any better than this? Has anyone else experienced the same thing and got past it?
Don't feel bad, I am still nervous and I would say I am more or less recovered, I get nervous when out and about etc or even the thought of it can some times make me nervous, but once you actually get out there in about 20-30mins you actually start to relax, Its normal to be nervous, everyone is.