PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm new and suffer from panic disorder, am worried CBT wont work on me

lemonlightbeck
12-06-08, 18:13
Hi to everyone, i have been reading through a few posts on this forum and everyone seems really nice so i have signed up! I am 21 and suffer from panic disorder, i am currently in the middle of sorting out CBT therapy and hope to start this soon, i just have one concern, what if it doesn't help or work on me? Has anyone got any info on this or their own experiences...... Please help! :huh:
Kind regards
Becks

chalky
12-06-08, 18:49
Hi Becks,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
I would be more worried for you if you were not doing positive things like CBT to address your problems.At least you will know that you have ruled it out were it to fail as opposed to "what-if?" if you don't try it.CBT and a combination of other measures eg working in this Forum,will help you recover.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
12-06-08, 19:00
hi welcome to no more panic

glad u signed in lol

im milly f 43 welsh

ive had cbt and find if u put the committment in it helps, but u have to be prepared to face ur fears

nmp is great support

milly xxx

lemonlightbeck
12-06-08, 19:03
Hi guys, thanx for the replies, i'm trying to stay positive and dont want to let panic take over my life (again!), thanx for your support! :yesyes:
Kind regards
Becks