PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy OCD

boy
12-06-08, 20:01
This is so embarrassing so I'm going to omit soime of the details...There's a girl I like, and there is something she could do that if she did, would make me really really jealous and depressed. It'd ruin my life. I contantly worry she is going to do that thing. The thought of it horrifies me. If I did this thing myself I think I'd be ok about her thereafter, but for now I can't get the thought and fear of finding out about her doing this out of my head.

Again, I'm being vague to save myself a great deal of humiliation, but can anyone else relate in some way? I wonder if I'm alone in this.

Zingara
13-06-08, 12:45
It sounds quite understandable in theory...without more details it's difficult to give much of an opinion, really. But what you're describing in essence is a difficulty in dispelling an unwanted and persistent thought or idea, and in that you're definitely not alone!

boy
13-06-08, 23:01
Yea it's definitely a difficulty in dispelling an unwanted thought and it's driving me mad :(

milly jones
14-06-08, 16:32
hi hun

is it possible for u to talk to this girl and explain how u feel to gain some reassurance and support from her

if not her maybe a close friend u can trust

sorry this may be totally impossible and unreasonable but its hard to answer this query to give u support hun

milly xx

boy
14-06-08, 22:27
Ah this is the sort of thing I'd be embarrassed to tell anyone, not even a psychiatrist unfortunately. Don't worry, I understand this is pretty vague! Just wondering if anyone, from what I have said, can relate in some way? Don't worry though.