PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of feeling this way :(

clairey76
12-06-08, 22:41
Hi, I havent been online for a while so hi everyone. I've been suffering from panic attacks for about 10 years on and off now, I started taking Mirtazapine (think I've spelt that right) in October last year and found it helped but made me gain excessive weight, I stopped taking about 4 weeks ago and felt ok for the first couple of weeks but then feel as though I went rapidly downhill. I visited my GP last week who changed my tabs to Prozac which I have been taking for a week tomorrow. I have just had a major panic attack, dizziness, pain in my chest (thought I was having a heart attack)!! I just wondered if anybody else is taking Prozac and whether it works? and if so how long before it takes effect? I also feel as it I have failed by having to go back on to medication and wonder am I going to be on it for the rest of my life just to feel normal?? I am fed up of feeling like this but also have a lot of stress with work at the moment so wondered whether that is a major contributer?
Sorry for the long post but I'm at the end of my tether :weep: xx

never2late
13-06-08, 01:49
I also feel as it I have failed by having to go back on to medication . . .

Failure is a wonderful opportunity to start over. If it weren't for failure, there would be no such thing as success. This isn't just a "kind" response to your post . . . it's the truth. Best of luck this time around!