PDA

View Full Version : having a bad day and dreading the night

medbury27
13-06-08, 16:25
Hi

This is my first post. I am 46 female and suffering from anxiety & depression brought on by vertigo. I have just been prescribed citolopram and I am climbing the walls! I want to keep going as I am asssured I will feel better and I want to get better but how do I calm down in the meantime?

medbury27

moonshine
13-06-08, 17:07
Hi, sorry you are having a bad day, I started citalopram today its the first step, Iam sure you will get a lot if support here.

milly jones
13-06-08, 17:29
hi hun

im 43 and have gad and sa and vertigo, menieres syndrome.

im on citalpram too and betahistine for wobbles

its hard at first hun but it will get better im sure

have a look at the other posts in the forum on citalopram

welcome to nmp

milly xx

Nibbles
13-06-08, 19:01
Hi Medbury and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Citalopram can make you feel worse at first but stick with it as I'm sure you'll feel better soon. I find distracting myself helps when feeling anxious and also having someone to talk to. You might like to look at the pages on the left too which are full of useful info.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
14-06-08, 16:46
Hi Medbury27,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

jesse08
14-06-08, 17:05
Hi and welcome to NMP. I find the more upset I get about something, the harder it is to calm down!! Can you do something to help you relax like a nice bath or gentle walk if you are able to get out? Wishing you well and keep posting here as you do get lots of support from people who understand.
:welcome:

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:51
Hello Medbury And Welcome ...i Wish Ya Well........linda

Lilith1980
17-06-08, 14:14
Hi Medbury

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:40
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime