PDA

View Full Version : hi there

cazlock
13-06-08, 18:14
hi new to this been looking for some help my partner is going throw a bad time at the momment has been on citalopram for 9 days after after having bad panic attacks he paceing around at the momment

marie1974
13-06-08, 18:46
hi there and welcome, well you will get lots of advice and support here and meet friends too, panic attacks are very common and loads on here will help u with your husband hugs

Nibbles
13-06-08, 19:03
Hi Cazlock and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Please tell your husband he's free to join as well if he wants.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
13-06-08, 19:07
Hi Cazlock

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

cazlock
13-06-08, 21:22
thank you read some posts on citalopram about people that are on 20mg and have reduced it to 10mg so i think we will give that a go.my partner thinks if he go's back to see the doctor about how he's been feeling last couple of days he will have to go to hospital

moonshine
13-06-08, 21:46
Hi, So sorry to hear what you are both going though it must be very hard for you both and I wish you both the best of luck.:hugs:

milly jones
13-06-08, 22:33
hi welcome to nmp

lovely that u care so much to join hun

im on citalopram and u have to give the meds time to settle in ur body, they can make u feel worse before u feel better

the website is good with lots of advise and the forum is a great place to find answers too

talk to the gp honestly

take care milly xx

chalky
14-06-08, 16:37
Hi Cazlock,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Both you and your partner will get loads of support and advice here.
It is great to see someone being so supportive to a partner who has these problems.
Best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
14-06-08, 20:57
Hello Cazlock, welcome to you :)

When I was on Citalopram the pacing was one of the worst things for me - but it does settle down as the adrenalin levels itself out.

I was on 60mg per day and didn't end up in hospital (although I thought I might) so I don't think your partner needs to worry - although at the moment I expect that would be like asking him to believe that the sun rises in the west!

You'll get plenty of support here, and like Nibbles says, maybe your partner would also benefit from joining us?

Anyway, no need to feel alone - :hugs:

:flowers:

Cathy V
14-06-08, 21:09
The sun rises in the west? :scared15:

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:50
Hello Cazlock And Welcome...i Wish Ya Well.....linda

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:43
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 20:19
Hi Cazlock,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 10:51
Hello and welcome to NMP :smile:

You will find lots of useful advice on here and also get to make some new friends along the way, who truly understand what you are going through.

Kaz xx

paulita
18-06-08, 22:02
i am coming off citalopram and when i first went on them it felt like I had taken illegal drugs as the euphoria was incredible! It did wear off though and your partners pacing is just the adrenalin. it will subside. it did however make me incredibly better. within a week I became more tolerant of people, I fell in love again with everyone around me given I had been leading up to a relapse for about a year - it does help. you will see the benefits and change in his behaviour very soon! x