PDA

View Full Version : please help...

nikk_dolittle
13-06-08, 18:36
Hey all,

Please help me, I’m sat her totally confused on what to do…:lac:

Last week I found out I need a knee op by September which will mean I am out of doing anything for 6-9 weeks, knowing this I wasn’t able to start my vet nurse course, Soo today…

I had a meeting with the college about what I should do and let them know all this, I know I haven’t a date for the Op yet but I needed to let them know it was soon.

To cut the story short….

My tutor last week referred me to go on another course, so I will take like a gap year and then start the Vet Nurse because of my Knee, as I went today I also had like an interview, My tutor only did this because I will be the other people on my course but When I went today I found out the other people on my course this year, will be on a different course and as I have all my GSCE’s they cant in role me on that course. So then we looked at possibilities I could go for.

There were 2 of them. A 1 year course in a general certificate which will mean staying at the college all week or a 2 year in vet nursing NVQ2 which is 4 days placement and one day in college.

Now I have to decide on this and everyone is trying to decide for me which I don’t need. I want my route to take and not let them decide for me but at the moment I can’t stop that happening. I know my knee will knock my out of action but I feel able to do the NVQ when I am back to being able to walk and move about again. I want to go into vet nursing and not holding back as Its where I feel I move on with my life.

Another problem is, that as it is a placement on the NVQ, there isn’t any descent Vet places here near me and that I will have to travel. Which I’m not sure how I will get there.

I have to let the college know on Monday what I want to do but I don’t know what route to take at the moment, Its all down to my knee, I know I will get there in the end but I had myself set on this course and now I don’t know what to do.

I just don’t know what to do as I think I will take the wrong one. I want to do the NVQ as I think it will be best but it’s finding a placement, and if I can handle it all being with public etc…..

Sorry for going and if it’s confusing.
Please help on what to do….

Nikk xxxx:weep:

eeyorelover
13-06-08, 19:09
Ok it is a little confusing cuz I don't know how your school works.
Is it broken down into semesters or terms like it is here?
Are there an of the required classes that you could do either online or thru correspondence ?

milly jones
13-06-08, 22:14
nikk hun we talked bout this tonight u know my views

just answered so u knew i cared xx

mill xx