PDA

View Full Version : There is a light at the end of the Tunnel

Kim Baker
13-06-08, 22:36
Hello! Everyone:byebye:

My name is Kim and I joined NMP 6 months ago when I was suffering from PA's.......

My worse symptoms was "Headrushes" and feeling dizzy:scared10:

I would like to tell you that with alot of practice, I have them now undercontrol:winks:

When I feel a PA (Panic-attack) coming on, I tell myself that I have had these symptoms loads of times and thankfully nothing terrible has happened i.e. fainting etc.....I then distract myself with something else mentally i.e. something I am looking forward to or physically i.e. go for a walk, look at the sky (found this one very useful when the ground seemed uneven:ohmy:

I appreciate that at first this isn't easy to do but with practice it really works.:yesyes:

What I want to convey is the Title of this post.......:smile:

Hope my story encourages you and can I take this opportunity to thank this site for "Being There" when the going got tough:hugs:

Love,
Kim X

Hope 2
14-06-08, 02:32
Hello Kim

I agree about the light :yesyes: .
Often hard to see it but it is there.
Great post, good on you.

Best Wishes
Hope xx

Patty
14-06-08, 22:13
Hi Kim,:)

Thanks for the post. I get a lot of "headrushes" & dizziness - I must give your tips a go. It's so good to know that you really can get these symptoms under control with practice. Well done :yesyes:

purplehaze
14-06-08, 23:10
Hi Kim

That is so good to hear and I am positive everyone that reads your post will feel hope in their own life. Take care

dawny
15-06-08, 11:29
well done....im so happy for you

dawny xxxxx