PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new!

1nonblonde
14-06-08, 10:15
Hi im new here but not new to anxiety and panic. I have expereinced anxiety and panic for 24 years and have found my own way of managing the condition, though like most of us i can always use a little extra help and support which is why i am here, also to share some of my own expereinces and ways of managing. Dont get me wrong though- everyday is always a challenge i just feel that i know i have this condition but will not let it stop me doing (mostly) the things i want to do (within reason). I stil find social situations really hard though like going for lunch with my work colleagues- i usually try and avoid this so hope someone can offer support in this area. Also i am currently reading 'Overcoming social anxiety' and 'Overcoming low self esteem' but am finding these books quite tedious and the exercises are lengthy to say the least. Any comments suggestions etc very welcome.

Best wishes

1nonblonde x x x :)

jodie
14-06-08, 15:53
hiya

welcome to no more panic

sounds like you are doing realy well and fighting this panic in a good way ,i am sure you will get lots of help and support on nmp

jodie xx

milly jones
14-06-08, 16:25
well welcome to nmp nonblonde

great to hear that ur feeling success

nmp is a wonderful site with great ppl

love milly xx

ps if u get any tips on the social anx stuff send me a pm, i really need help to crack it x

chalky
14-06-08, 16:28
Hi 1nonblonde,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

clutterbug
14-06-08, 17:43
Hi 1nonblonde,

Welcome! I'm new also. I'm so glad to have support and a place to turn when no one else understands! It will be good getting to know you.

Best,
clutterbug:)

belle
14-06-08, 18:47
Hi and welcome :)

x

Nibbles
15-06-08, 17:54
Hi 1nonblonde and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I agree that anxiety exercises can be really tedious and find it's a case of what works best for you. Take a look at the pages on the left which are full of useful info.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:47
Hello And Welcome ..i Wish Ya Well.......linda

Lilith1980
17-06-08, 14:15
Hi 1nonblonde

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
17-06-08, 14:22
Hiya, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting and we will help as much as we can.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:39
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx