PDA

View Full Version : An email/msn pal who suffers badly with agoraphobia?

emma81
15-06-08, 16:59
Hiya

I'm Emma, i'm 26 years old from Scotland and had agoraphobia with depression and panic attacks for 3 years+ now. It has gotten worse and worse and now i'm almost completely housebound apart from short 5 minute walks with my dogs.

I would really like to have an email/msn pal who is at the same stage in their agoraphobia as me - suffering badly with it and just starting to seek treatment. I have tried exposure work with a cpn but i am too trapped in this horrible cycle of fear and panic just now and just couldnt do it. So now i am awaiting my first psychology appointment to try and work on the deeper issues before trying exposure work again.

If anyone else is in a similar situation and feeling very alone with it i would love to be your email or msn pal! Just send me a message :)

Thanks
Emma :hugs:

Lady24Uk
18-06-08, 04:45
Hi Emma, i'm new here and pretty much at the same stage that you are. I've sent you a message :)

nikkinik
09-07-08, 13:02
Hi, Im Nikki and Ive only signed up here today.

Im 28 and have had panic attacks/agoraphobia for about 3.5 maybe 4 years now. I also have emetophobia!

I am due to start counselling soon, in about a week I think? Im hoping and praying it will work!

Im not on any meds and try to get along with pushing myself out and reading books to help me understand!

I have to get out because of my son, I couldnt keep him in the house and risk doing him harm by making him shy of people, afraid of the outside or something. So I do force myself out to the odd park or shop but it is by no means easy and I have to go everywhere by car (thats down to how weak etc I feel now too), as yet Im not getting myself out every single day though, and Im not really able to stay out for long.

If youd like to get in touch please do :)

Hugs,
Nikkixxxx.

Stressed92
10-07-08, 14:40
Hi,Im Amy
I have very similar problems and Im getting a counsellor soon, which I hope will help me.
I can't even go to school at the moment because I panic too much about going=(
Pm me of you wanna talk.
Amy