PDA

View Full Version : Taken my first PROPRANALOL this tea time!!!

jellybean43
15-06-08, 18:17
Hi
Well I have just taken my first 80mg slow release propranalol. The GP has prescribed them for migraines instead of Pizotifen but he says it will also help with my HA.
I am now totally freaking out waiting for some dreaded side effect. Why the heck am i like this as i have been on tablets over the years for several things(HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE for 22 years til my GP realised i had white coat syndrome and i had it monitored at home for 24 hours and it was fine!!!!!!).I have never read leaflets before on side effects nor have i given tablets a second thought but this time, since this dreadful HA kicked in I am totally different.
Can someone please reassure me i will be ok on them??OH had to force me to take it---he said what it the point in going to the docs if you arent going to help yourself!!!!!
xxxx

BeltaineInchy
15-06-08, 19:19
Propranolol are pretty good. I had no side effects and they chilled me out after a few days

Does that help?

Inchy
/|\

milly jones
15-06-08, 19:25
well done jb for taking the plunge

they were fine for me no side effects hun

take care

mill xx

Cathy V
15-06-08, 19:27
They are really good for migraine and they slow your heart rate down a bit too so that helps with the anx. 80mg was too much for me and made me feel tired so now im on a lower dose and fine. People react in different ways anyway as you know, what works for some doesnt for others. Hope you get on well with them.

Take care
Cathy xxx :)

xLJx
15-06-08, 20:50
ive taken propranalol since december now with no harmful/bad side effects. they seem to work pretty well getting rid of my symptoms too.
dont worry hunny, never read the leaflets - thts the pharmecutical way of covering themselves. the hospital told me not to read them. it only makes you worry more.
its like old fashioned googling i guess!! haha,

hope your tablets go well and put your mind at rest. :) good luck hun xx

goth
15-06-08, 23:34
i've been taking propranolol for five years and the only time they bother me is just after i've taken them i think its mind over matter. i only seem to fear them when i've taken them it never bothered me when i first started to take them its only since my anx has got really bad that i like you am waiting for somthing bad to happen its probably thinking about it that makes it worse i think its also because we're more sensitised that we notice whats going on in our bodies hope this lets you no your not alone take care love lin x

ferret
15-06-08, 23:45
Of all the things I'v been prescribed over the years, propanolol has been the lest troublesome, and reassuringly predictable each time. I take 40mg whenever I feel its necessary adn right now that's quite often but they have yet to show any side effects or long term issues. I keep them with me all thei time

jellybean43
16-06-08, 09:40
Woww!!!Thanks for all the great replies.
Well I am still here and i actually dont feel as tired today as i usually do on the PIZOTIFEN.Could be all in the mind though couldnt it?
I actually didnt sleep very well---I was wide awake for ages--well til about 2.30am.With the pizotifen i was always straight to sleep.
As i say it could all be in my mind couldnt it? Obviously i have read insomnia goes with propranalol so hey presto LOL!!!!
xxx

mirry
17-06-08, 08:29
im on 40mg 3x a day and feel fine with them - all the other drugs ive tried I couldnt hack .

I am on them for silent migraines :winks: