PDA

View Full Version : Why is the chat room so flakey?

BeltaineInchy
15-06-08, 19:16
Just been logged out of chat for the fifth time in an hour so given up again for the evening.

Why is the connection to chat so flakey for some? Half way through a conversation people just disappear. What's worse is that half of the people chatting are sensitive and if someone loses connection there's quite often someone who thinks they have offended the person who has left.

Is there some set-up required for virus checkers? Fire Walls?

I've been on many many chat sites and never had a problem like there is on this one. I must have something set wrong as there are some people who never seem to be disconected, but I know that there's also quite a few like me who are in and out like fiddlers elbows.

What are we doing wrong?

Inchy
/|\

milly jones
15-06-08, 19:27
omg inchy

u never guess what i was thinking

typical milly read it as ppl in chat are flakey

thought ud needed help and were upset with us

lol

love mill xx

nomorepanic
15-06-08, 21:25
What browser are you using?

Have you got the latest java installed?

popsy
16-06-08, 09:52
I keep getting chucked out too, i have java 6 and use internet explorer, it says server has lost connect or something? Could be my computer of course!!!

Wolfie
16-06-08, 10:15
Oh yea, I've noticed that the frequency of people being chucked out of chat increasing vastly over the past few weeks, and it's even happened to me and it never happened to me until now. I have the latest Java aswell. Weird...Hope it's fixed soon, seems to be having a huge effect on others.

Wolfie x

The Fool
16-06-08, 10:19
this has been happening to me for a while as nic knows ive sorta given up on chat for a while till i no whats wrong with it

pooh
16-06-08, 10:49
I very rarely get bounced out of chat but i do get booted off the site quite often.

The Fool
16-06-08, 17:40
just tried chat for one more time and after about 1 min lost conection im am fed up of this now so am giving up

lesleya
16-06-08, 21:39
Dont know if it will help as im no computor whizz....but are your cookies enabled?
I also have nmp in my list of trusted sites....internet options....privacy..and you can check the websites you have on your list.

nomorepanic
16-06-08, 21:57
It may be something since we moved the server.

Alex will look at it

The Fool
17-06-08, 09:04
thanks nic but ive always noticed that the chat room is now so empty all the time do you no why?

pooh
17-06-08, 11:47
Hi teen!

As you may know chat used to be my local haunt...but i got a fulltime job and I work shifts so I'm not in as much anymore. I work weekends at times too so I miss the quiz aswell which im greatly peeved about but hey ho I need the dosh gotta make a living. This may be the case for others too? I'm not sure. But i have been in when its been heaving.

Hope you get server probs sorted and get to have a chat

Pooh xx

Lilith1980
17-06-08, 15:15
I cant remember who got booted out the other week but they claimed they hadn't said anything rude and I pointed out that maybe they had thought something rude :winks:

So a message to all you "chatters" - keep those thoughts pure mm kay :roflmao:

(This is gonna be a toughy for me to adhere to as well!)

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
17-06-08, 18:24
I have no idea why chat is empty - I only go in once a week for the quiz.:yesyes:

Perhaps people have moved on - who knows.:shrug:

popsy
19-06-08, 17:13
It was packed in there the other evening, in fact text was going up so fast i could hardly read it!!! LOL! It just seems during the day to be more empty but i guess thats cos most people are getting on or trying to get on with other stuff....
I have found though (well once actually) that if i desperately needed to talk to someone during the day i put a message in the chat section in forum, and manmoor and diane soon came racing in to help me!!! (thanks guys).
So if you are desperate thats what i would advise anyone to do, lots of people are more than willing to help if help is needed :)
Popsy x x x x