PDA

View Full Version : Feeling back at square one

tattybear
18-04-05, 10:33
Hi everyone.

Im having a really really bad day today.

Im just feeling so down and despairing, feel like im gonna loose it at any moment.

Havnt got any motivation and I just want to go back to bed and sleep and wake up feeling better.

Ive had such progress the last few weeks, and now im feeling right back at square one with my depression.

I have to see the doctor in the next 2 days to get a new prescription and the thought is freaking me out, and i have a hospital appointment this week too.

When I start crying it just wont stop. Whats wrong with me? Why am i feeling like this after having such a good 2 weeks. I cant bear the thought that I will feel lke this everyday again.

Tatty B xx

jude
18-04-05, 11:54
Hi Tatty B,

Unfortunately we have these bad days for a while. It will pass. You are doing so well. Dont let it get you down.
Dont worry about the doctors now. You will probably feel better by the time you have to go.
Dont dwell on these feelings. Try to occupy yourself for a while and relax.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

carlin
18-04-05, 13:38
Hi Tatty B.
So sorry you are feeling so bad right now, we all have off days, even people who don't suffer with anxiety. You've had a good few weeks and are not back to square one, just a minor hiccup. It's probably the thought of the oncoming appointments that are worrying you. I know if i have any that i 'have' to do i just go to pieces. You will feel better tommorow and be able to face anything Sometimes it's good to have a cry, i did last night, once i started i couldn't stop, today i feel drained and emotional, but i have stopped crying. Take care and keep in touch xxxxx

sal
18-04-05, 16:10
Hi Tatty

You are not back at square one you are just going through a bad patch and trust me we all get them and think we are back at the start.

I have days when my anxiety levels are really high and i think i am going to lose it at any moment and that in turn makes me feel even more anxious.

Just remember you have been here before and got through it and you will again hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
18-04-05, 17:53
Its a blip and it will pass.

Do cry as much as you can and get it all out... it also produces calming chemicals.

You will not feel that bad everyday again, at least you've progressed enough to have a blip . Previously, you just felt terrible every day..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
18-04-05, 18:49
Hi Tatty B

Sorry you're feeling bad today. This can happen after some good days but is just a blip. You are not back at square one and this will pass.

Look after yourself today and have a good cry if you need to.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
18-04-05, 21:33
Hi Tatty

Hope the day improved like you mentioned on your other post and you get some sleep tonight without the vivid dreams.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
18-04-05, 21:41
Hi Tatty

Hey it happens to us all. We have good times and then we have bad times and what helps me is to try and think back to the good times.

Have a good cry and let it all out then sit down and think "hey I did this and I did that" and smile about it ok?

Pat yourself on the back for the achievements and try not to let this beat you.

Hope tomorrow is kinder to you - you are doing great ok and try to remember all the good days and write this off as one of those things

Big hug.
x

Nicola

tattybear
23-04-05, 17:58
Hi all

It was definatly just a blip, but its so hard to just think like that when u feel so down again!

Think it was because I had 2 appointments which I had to go to in the week so I was worried about them...but I survived! And am feeling much more positive again :D

Next time I complain about being back at square one- remind me to read this![^]

Tatty B xx

seh1980
23-04-05, 19:05
Glad to hear you are feeling better Tatty!! :D

Meg
23-04-05, 19:28
Good for you. Tatty .
Print this off so you can review it if you need to.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
23-04-05, 21:55
Glad you are feeling better Tatty and recognise it was just a blip.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
25-04-05, 10:09
Hi...

ive got an ultrasound on friday at the hospital for my throid...im quite nervoud already!

Ive been suffering bad dizzyness for a few years now, and at last after a balance test it showed there is a weakness in my ear and my thyroid is enlarged! So im trying to look at this scan as a positive and as a the first step to getting over how yuck ive felt for a few years, as this is the root cause of my depressioon and anxiety. Then I have to wait also for an MRI scan on my ears.....So ive just gotta try and stay positive and not let it get me down like last week!

Tatty B xx

Meg
25-04-05, 17:06
Yes - view it as progress for your disorder.

Meg