PDA

View Full Version : exssessive saliva

joyce99
15-06-08, 23:09
can anyone advise on how to get rid of excessive saliva as ive had it for a while with anxiety and cant seem to getrid of it any advice is welcome

xBettyBoopx
16-06-08, 05:11
Hi Joyce

I have seen your other posts on saliva mouth glands etc, this must be your anxiety thing, mine is heart & lungs.

I have had the excessive saliva, was a couple of years ago when I swapped medication, I thought that was the problem but now I know it was anxiety cause I still get it sometimes. I know it's hard not too obsess over it, but the more you do the more saliva you think you have. I went to drs & he assured me it was nothing, and it wasn't cause I wouldn't still be here:ohmy:

Have you seen the doctor? I suppose it's the opposite of a dry mouth, where there doesn't seem to be enough saliva. It also can be caused by acid, which is obviously caused by anxiety.

Otherwise I don't know what to suggest other than try not to think about it & when you realise that you haven't thought about it for couple of hours, then you don't know how many times you have been swallowing. It's another in a long list of obsessive thoughts that we have but it will go away.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Take care

Elspeth