PDA

View Full Version : work anxiety - flipping eck!

icklebex
16-06-08, 08:38
Hi everyone, I think I just need a get it all out moment and abit of reassurance as everyone here is so supportive.
I'm in bed but showered and dressed and need to go to work, im on flexi so not too bad, I've been to the loo loads already, my heart is going like the clappers, i feel like I'm gonna cry or be sick, iv forced down a banana and im thinking iv got to call in sick! im just so upset as I was really enjoying my job, i got a temp promotion last year but its fixed term and its all gone down hill, budget cuts, staff cuts, moving to other end of country eventually. I never wanted to experience that feeling of dread going to work i had in the past but now it appears I am, i started stressing about work at like half 7 last nite and thought about it upon waking on saturday, i bought some rescue remedy see how that does! im still on 30 mg of citalopram
im on my first hol abroad in five yrs in a month but scared il get so ill i cant go which has happened before and i always freak out when i get back hoem from being away! iv only had 3 days sick in over 2 yrs and i dont want to call in sick and let everyone down as ppl are feeling stress too.
*loo break!*
thankfully im not as bad as i have been before, its just stress of this job which is prob not stressful to most ppl,at mo and looking for another job. id love to know how ppl switch off! i guess after all my babble, sorry! i just wondered if any1 had any hints or tips or feels/felt the same! im very fortunate to have a wonderful understanding partner but i dnt want to let them down either! or am i just being silly? here goes nothing! have a good day all tc xxxxx

popsy
16-06-08, 10:26
All i can say is firstly :bighug:.
You sound a very strong person, and one whos been doing just great, i think you should get out of bed and get off to work, i know its hard but its what you've been doing for along time now and therefore you CAN DO IT!!!
Avoiding things is what i did :sofa: and because of that where i am now, not being able to work and petrified of ever going back to that job.
You keep doing girl, dont go down the road i did, you sound like you love your job and that will be the best distraction of all.
Good Luck :hugs:

freakedout
16-06-08, 10:36
Hi icklebex,

I second what popsy says, I too got to the stage of avoiding and have lost a brilliant job because of the fear. If other people at work are feeling the pressure too, it might help to talk to them or one or two of them, it sometimes helps to know that another person might know how you feel. You may be able to support each other.

I feel a hypocrit saying that, because of my own situation, but avoidance sucks, and the relief from the anxiety is only temporary because the isolation and feeling so disappointed in yourself brings more issues.

Good luck with it, stick two fingers up at your anxiety, take a deep breath and know that people here understand you.

Freaky

milly jones
16-06-08, 12:43
hiya bex

u know my situation and id agree with charlie and freaky hun

try and fight it

were all here behind u

love to u

mill xx