PDA

View Full Version : Strange tickle in the throat

slimster
16-06-08, 10:07
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone has suffered from or heard of anyone else who gets a strange tickle in their throat?

The best way to describe it is as if there is fibre glass at the back of your throat.

It has happened a couple of times now and havent had a cold or flu,
it would put my mind to rest if someone gets the same symptoms.

Thanks
Tim

cheeky
16-06-08, 14:44
Hi
I have had this recently, it started after Id had the cold but it kept going much longer, it makes me cough and feel a bit breathless. I think it is a nervous thing because if I stop thinking about it,it goes away.

Try to relax and do something to take your mind off it hopefully it will go away.

Cathy V
16-06-08, 14:59
Sometimes i get this with my hayfever...deep inside my ears and back of my throat can feel sort of tickly and scratchy, but if this is not the case with you then i suspect it will be anx related.

Best wishes
cathy xxx

marie1974
16-06-08, 16:49
hiya cathy is right i reckon this is heyfever cos i get this and so does my hubby and friends, this year seems to be much worse for some reason. also itchy eyes, blocked up nose etc. but my throat is terribly itchy and scratchy, so dont panic we all have this at the moment hugs xxx

lee87
16-06-08, 17:01
I have this at the moment too and I put it down to hayfever, if you dont think you suffer from hayfever then it probably is down to anxiety/thinking about it too much. I'd try and keep your mind on other things, I also find that sipping water helps and eating a biscuit!! Hope it goes soon.

slimster
17-06-08, 13:06
Thanks everyone,
I havent ever suffered from hayfever before so not sure if it will be that, I will just put it down to thinking about it to much.
If it comes back I will try to forget about it and eat a load of biscuits.

Thank you

MoonlightFire
24-08-10, 21:47
Hi guys, I've got this at the moment and am really freaked out by it :( I have had hayfever in the past so it's possible it could be that. Ive just had a fluey bug and have been clearing my throat a bit for the past few days and now i have this scratchy itchy throat :( It does seem to get better when im not thinking about it.