PDA

View Full Version : Hello - Just found this site! Cried with relief!

daisyd
16-06-08, 10:57
Hi there,
I have suffered with panic attacks since being a teenager, and with anxiety since childhood. I am now in my late 30's and my anxieties are worse than ever. I have 3 children, a loving husband and an excellent career but I find it really hard to control my anxiety. Just when I think I am overcoming a symptom I get another one, and them the old one creeps back too. What is that all about??? I am determined to overcome anxiety and I seem to be able to be a success in every area of my life but this. I am trying to execise control and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...and it never works in the night which is horrible and scary and makes me dread going to bed. I get horrible feelings like nightmare feelings but during the day as well. My worst fear is of dying, and of being so weak that I can't look after my family, and them having to take care of me. I haven't had caffeine for 15 years, can't drink alcohol as it brings on panic attacks and avoid lots of TV and movies. I just have a sense of being frightened a lot. I am better in company, and when I am distracted which is why I tend to fill every minute with things, but then I can't relax at all. Any advice is very much appreciated! My anxieties seem to be getting worst as time goes on. :shrug:

milly jones
16-06-08, 12:39
hiya daisy,

welcome to the nmp family

nice to meet u

milly xx

hunny_as
16-06-08, 12:52
hello daisy,

and welcome to nmp this site is fab, everyone is so friendly, you make lots of new friends and get lots of advice from everyone. this site has realy made a diffance to my llife.

Amanda xx

jesse08
16-06-08, 13:10
Hi Daisy, this is a great site and I hope you get to make new and supportive friends as I have. Welcome
:flowers:

chalky
16-06-08, 13:19
Hi Daisy,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

ravengirl77
16-06-08, 13:29
:welcome: Hi daisy from another newbie.
I know what you're going through as i used to suffer from Panic attacks.
I find that herbel tea helps me a bit.

ravengirl:)

daisyd
16-06-08, 13:44
:hugs: Thank you guys x

shiv
16-06-08, 19:15
Hi and welcome,

I've been exactly where you are and completely understand. You'll find plenty of support here.

Siobhan x

ferret
16-06-08, 19:27
All sounds so familiar - I use self-hypnosis as a means of forcing my subconcious to shut up for a bit and let me relax. Just 10/20 minutes a day buys me a bit of relief.

Pickle
16-06-08, 19:44
Hi Daisy and :welcome:

You've found a great site with so many people willing to help and share experiences as well as becoming great friends.

Hope to see you around

:hugs:

kellie
16-06-08, 20:28
Hiya daisy :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes: you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. When you are an anx/panic sufferer its not uncommen for new symptoms to creep up on you or for the old one to come along for the ride, the old symptoms are your body learned response to how you reacted to the anx over the years. i have a terrible fear of dying as well it scares me so much. but since comeing here i have felt so much better. have you talked to your doc about what you are going trough?
maybe some cbt theropy and counselling will help you on your way to beating this. keep posting hun and we will help you as much as we can.
take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
16-06-08, 22:11
Hi Daisy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:39
Hello Daisy And Welcome ......i Wish Ya Well.............linda

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:50
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 20:27
Hi Daisy,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 10:44
Hello and welcome to NMP :smile:

You will find lots of useful advice on here and also get to make some new friends along the way, who truly understand what you are going through.

Kaz xx