PDA

View Full Version : Just feeling totally fed up

Humly
16-06-08, 11:01
Hi

I havent posted for over a year. Mainly because I couldnt get onto the new site when it changed. i used to suffer badly with health anxiety with a little bit of general anxiety thrown in. Now its mostly anxiety over everyday things. I feel I cannot talk to anybody about my worries as for the most part they can be a bit silly and my husband says why bother worrying about something until it actually happens. I am fed up with the "what If" mentality I get into but I just cant seem to help myself. Why do I always think the worst and worry about everything going wrong. Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest. Ta for listening.

marie1974
16-06-08, 11:30
hiya and welcome sometimes people who dont suffer like we do cant understand no matter how much they try to help, but here you will get loads of support so dont worry and stay strong hugs xxx

Horse
16-06-08, 11:46
LT.

Know what you mean. I've been a worrier all my life and after 54 years, I doubt if I will ever change now.

The interesting fact is that when I look back over the years, most if not all the things I worried about never happened anyway! I agree, most people find it very difficult to understand our situation if they are the opposite and like you, I also suffer from the 'what if' syndrome. Most of my life has been controlled by 'what ifs'........most of it being a complete waste of time and also mental energy.

Hubby is right! No point in worrying about something that may not even happen is there? I'm told this many times but still find is hard to change.

Kevin.

milly jones
16-06-08, 12:36
aww hun

nice to see u back

im a what if worrier to and no matter how many ppl tell me to stop it appears involuntary in my head. i keep trying to follow cbt principles to change tho.

welcome home

milly xx

Matty H
16-06-08, 19:06
I always think of it positively, worriers like us are the best candidates for jobs that involve thinking outside the box or analyzing things. We overanalyze for hours on end about all kinds of things. That's why i'm going into a risk assessment type career. You visit a business, home, etc. and you find all the things that could go wrong and all of the vulnerabilities. You assume the worst case scenario that can happen and you prevent it. So it's alot easier for me as opposed to others who have to think really hard to find things that could go wrong.

Humly
17-06-08, 20:24
Thanks guys. Its good to be back amongst friends.