PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

strass
16-06-08, 13:13
Hi
I think this site is a God send. I'm suffering at the moment and have been for the last 6-8 months.
I was prescribed 20mg of Citalopram last December which was increased to 30mg last week.
Since then, I have experienced many jolts in the back of my head. They last a couple of seconds, but feel as if my brain is jumping in my skull. I used to only get this when going to sleep at night but now I get it during the day. Its usuall accompanied by a very high sensitivity in my ears.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know. I'm scared beyond belief

chalky
16-06-08, 13:16
Hi Strass,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Cathy V
16-06-08, 13:32
Hi strass, welcome to the site. The feelings you describe are very familiar to mine. The jumping you talk about is the same for me but usually only when i havent slept very well for a couple of nights. Some nights i can be awake almost all of the night, but then cant catch up with sleep the following day and its usually then that i get the 'brain jumping' and its not nice to feel it i know. I can be so exhausted and feel myself falling asleep but then the jump comes and stops me. It can take ages to then fall asleep properly. I can get it if ive had a little too much red wine, gone to bed in the early hours, and then the following day feel grotty and then that night the jumping starts when i try to catch up on my sleep. I dont get it every day as you do so i sympathise, but would say its because of anx, and lack of sleep if that applies to you.

I also hearing sensitivity, my hearing isnt impaired but my right ear seems to have been sensitive to noise most of my adult life. But only in the last year i have a kind of low humming inside that ear thats there every day. I sometimes feel it more if ive been talking on the fone and have had the fone against that ear. I dont really know if the anxiety has made it more sensitive or not, i just know its got worse as times gone on.

Hope this helps anway and im sure there will be alot of ppl on nmp with the same probs so you're never alone here.

Cathy xxx :)

Cathy V
16-06-08, 13:34
....also i forgot to say that the increase in the meds may have something to do with the head jolting, Sometimes it can take a while to work out the correct dose and it be a bit hit and miss until you get the right one for you. Speak to your doc again if the discomfort goes on.

Cathy xxx

strass
16-06-08, 13:54
Thank you Cathy, it really helps to talk to someone. I have to go back and see my doctor in a couple of weeks. If I still have them, I'll let her know.
Having said that, with anxiety, you get used to one set of symptoms and another lot comes along to take its place! x

ravengirl77
16-06-08, 14:06
:welcome: Hello Strass, welcome from another newbie

strass
16-06-08, 14:14
Hi ravengirl77,
How you doing? I think us newbies have found a gem of a site here x

milly jones
16-06-08, 15:27
hi strass and welcome hun

i am on citalopram, i dont get the head jerks, but the sensitivity to sound, smell touch and taste i can relate too.

i have some days when im so intolerant to any repetatitive noises even the tv and talking. i get so aggitated and tend to withdraw incase i get cross.

i also have permanent tinitus which varies from a fridge like hum to windy blasts in my head. my gp assures me that this is not connected to my anx.

hope that helps a little

milly xx

strass
16-06-08, 15:59
Hi Milly,
Thanks for your response. Its good to know other people feel the same way.
Thank you xxx

kellie
16-06-08, 20:35
Hiya Strass :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice and make some great friends along the way.

take care. :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
16-06-08, 22:18
Hi Strass and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:35
Hello Strass And Welcome .........i Wish Ya Well..........linda

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:53
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 20:40
Hi Strass,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

strass
18-06-08, 09:44
Thank you everyone.
Love to you all

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 10:33
Hello and welcome to NMP :)

You will find lots of useful advice on here and also get to make some new friends along the way, who truly understand what you are going through.

Kaz xx