PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so bad

shiv
16-06-08, 14:28
Hi there, never started a hugs thread before but am in serious need of hugs and feeling (rather selfishly i think) sorry for myself today. You may or may not know that I'm a community carer; well anyway one of my ladies (a very young at heart 73 year old) died suddenly of a heart attack yesterday. I was with her on fri and sat mornings and she was terribly breathless. gp had been called out and nurse ws going to come out and do ecg but never came. I told her daughter and brother in law (who she lives with) to chase it up and keep an eye on her. Well nurse never came and she had a masive heart attack yesterday am. Felt like I should have phoned the gp up and given them a kick up the arse, although my manager is telling me they wouldn't have been able to save her (she was morbidly obese at 26 stone). Nonetheless I just feel like crap and to cap it off my daughter's nan has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour and having had several clients with brain tumours I feel for my daughter and the pain she will go through with her nan.

Anyway sorry for rambling but there it is

Siobhan x:weep:

Cathy V
16-06-08, 14:36
Shiv, sorry to hear about your pain. Sending a few hugs for you and your daughter.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :hugs: :hugs:

milly jones
16-06-08, 15:21
shiv

sending some hugs to a lovely caring and compassionate nmper

love

milly xxxx

weeble40
16-06-08, 17:40
Hi Shiv sorry to hear you are having such a crap time at the moment, my Dad has also just been diagnosed with a tumour so I understand what you must be going through keep your chin up and take care

Emma xxx

marie1974
16-06-08, 17:55
hiya im so sorry about your poor lady you see and i know how you feel about being let down by medical team as my dear nan died 3yrs back and 6months before she was in such pain and they told her it was just her osteo arthritis she suffered from and gave her more tablets 24 day day she was taking and nothing changed she had a panic buzzer installed and one night she was in such pain she pressed it and ambulance came took her to hospital checked her olut and sent her home with more pills telling her that she could have waitied till morning and called doctor, anway 2 days after she colapsed and her sister found her and called my dad she went hospital they did test and she went mega down hill, 4 days later she was dead and the day she died we got results back from the scan to say she had bone cancer and stomach cancer, we were so angry and confronted her doctor and so on and itds turns out he had been going through personal probs and neglected her as she asked im to come out to her and he wouldnt. now i know she would have died anyway but the last few months could have been made much more comfortable for her. we thought she had bad arthritis cos we were told that and she was so ill but always verty strong and right up to the last few days put on a brave front. this happens so often that i hear and mostly the elderly and its blimin discusting, sorry for all that hun it just bought back my memorys. i do hope you feel better soon and we all get times like this especially if something triggers it but you will bounce back hugs xxxx

shiv
16-06-08, 18:56
Thanks so much for all your compassion.

Sorry about your nan Donna. I come across so much of this type of incompetence so much at work. Don't get me wrong, most doctors and nurses are incredible but there are the few who are soooo in the wrong job and give the others a very bad name and cost lives. Anyway I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thanks again for all your loveliness, all of you.

Siobhan x

Nibbles
16-06-08, 22:48
Hi Shiv,

There's nothing selfish about asking for hugs after what you've been through and I'm sending my very best.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/gilamonster00/hugs.jpg

Take care,

Mike :)

Oceanblue
17-06-08, 03:08
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's the most terrible feeling when you think that you could have done more, having been in this situation myself many times. Only you tried your very best Shiv and it sounds like nothing more could have been done and that nature took it's own cause. Sending her love and peace.

I'm also sorry to hear about your daughters nan. I hope everything is going to be ok.

Thinking of you xx

Pickle
17-06-08, 05:39
:hugs: Shiv, I'm sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

:hugs:

kazzie
17-06-08, 12:43
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Shiv

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 17:34
Hi Shiv,

I'm very sorry about your loss but please do not blame yourself. I also will be having your daughter and her Nan in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for better days ahead for you.

Love,

Laura