PDA

View Full Version : Please help - need to know i am not the only one feeling like this....

kimberleyjane1986
16-06-08, 20:44
Hi

I recently started getting really bad tension headaches and sharp stabbing head pains which i went to docs about. However i mistakingly decided to do some home research on google and ended up scaring myself half to death with the thought of Anuerysms, Brain Hemorhages etc etc and am consumed with the fear of "dropping dead" Recently i read something about Sudden Death Syndrome in young people and ever since i have been really aware of my heartbeat and i keep worrying that i am going to have an arythmia and again, drop dead. It's runing my life at the moment as it is all i can think about - i know it's my anxiety as i only started "feeling" my heart racing when i read about Arythmias - but there is still a part of me that is scared to death about all of this. I don't know how to get it under control.

I hope i can read your experiences of this, do you think i need help?

Kim

chalky
17-06-08, 20:29
Hi Kim,

In my time as a member here,I have not read a single positive post about Googling symptoms.You are not alone in that.
Your symptoms would frighten anyone-even the normal people!
The difficulty you face is that this is an unresolved issue for you-you don't know why this is happening or the cause.
Go to your Doctor and explain how you are feeling.Mention the Googling as the Doctor may be able to offer reassurance or propose a course of remedial treatment.
You can recover from this.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

teabag
17-06-08, 20:46
Oh yes i spent months googling health problems- nearly drove me mad. When i mentioned this to my doctor he said that it is one of the most common reasons for why people stay in an anxious state. Instead of googling i found that coming on here really helped because it gave me something positive to think about. Getting better. Chalky is right- go and have a chat with your doctor and see what they say/offer. Hope you feel better. xxx

kellie
17-06-08, 20:48
Hiya kimberly welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Ok hun first of all you have had to learn the hard way, like may of us here have, that when you are an anx/panic sufferer googleing is never a good idea so plz stop doing that. Plz go and talk to your doc and get some reasurance from them that you are ok and this is all anx related as im sure it deffo is. your heart may be racing a lot now as you have a build up of adrenalin and you need to get rid of it. go for a good long walk ( fasted pasted if you can) as exercise will help you get this out. try to do some nice slow breathing and relax, drink some cold water with ice in if you have it as well.
keep posting and we will help as much as we can.
now go to google and give it a clap on a job well done for scaring you, and then stick your finger up at it and dont google symtoms again, come here instead.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

kimberleyjane1986
17-06-08, 21:04
Thank you for taking time to reply guys - i know googling was worst thing i could have done, curiosity got the better of me and i regret it so much - knowledge is a horrible thing!! I am feeling a little better than i was, work keeps my mind off it but i find that my anxiety is worse at night - i read alot of stuff about people dying in their sleep and this is when my heart seems to be the most obvious to me. Also, lately i have been having occasional stabbing chest pains, usually if i am feeling really stressed about everything (i.e. my health) is this anxiety related too or should i genuinley be worried? I have occasional heart palpitations, i tried to excercise the other day and had a huge one and i got scared so am now scared to work out. Its all getting on top of me a bit. I have a docs appointment in a week (earliest they could give me) so any reassurance (genuine) would be great as i have a week to wait til i get to speak to my doc.

Thanks again for listening to me

Kim

jellybean43
17-06-08, 22:03
Hi Kim
Welcome to the boards.
I just wanted to say that you remind me of my son who is the same age(take it you were born in 86) .He has been suffering with palps, breathlessness and his latest is "does my speech seem a bit slurred mum?".All of these i have explained are anxiety but he genuinely thought it was related to his heart and wouldnt exercise.He has seen his GP who put his mind at rest.I can totally relate to your googling. When i first came on here i had been doing just that and i had literally frightened myself to death!!Please dont google---it comes up with the worst case scenario and I have read that 80% of the stuff that we google is untrue!!!
Right, I am sure you are suffering anxiety. I used to get terrible headaches at your age and stabbing pains in my head. These, as the years have gone on have eventually got a lot better. Could you not ring the doctor and ask for an earlier appointment if you explain how anxious you are feeling? I know having to wait to see your GP is awful.
Take care---you will be just fine xxxxx