PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

tattybear
18-04-05, 13:44
Hi everyone

Had a pretty down day so far today but not sure why really , just woke up feeling down and panicy.

I had a really vivid dream last nite, i was being shot at with somone with a gun, which was firing metal balls at me, which when they hit me, the melted and stuck to my skin...they were doing it because they wanted me to fall in the swimming pool and drown , thats why themetal bits..to make me heavier, and i was really fighting to pull the metal bits off, then i woke up.

It was realy vivid and scary..........and today ive been really down with no motivation.

Does anyone know whether having these kinds of vivid dreams can really effect us that much the next day?

Tatty B xx

sue447
18-04-05, 13:50
hi tatty b,
i know how your feeling, i wake up panicky most days, i have vivid dreams, they can be so scary, but after a little while i can remind myself that they are not real, ive only had bad dreams when my anxiety is at its worsed it will pass in time take care
luv sue

alexis
18-04-05, 13:58
Hi Tatty sorry your not having a good day, not surprised you will be tired after having bad dreams, you will not have had a decent sleep hence your anxiety levels will be raised.you will probably be feeling worse due to the lack of rest rather than the dreams. 9If that makes sense) I have dreams about my dad who is sadly not with us any more, the next day I go over and over them in my head,i actually need to convince myself when I wake up that he isnt with us because they were so real. this makes my day worse.
hope you get a better sleep tonight and a better day tomorrow.
Alexis

jude
18-04-05, 13:59
Hi Tatty B,

I think going to sleep in high anxiety mode makes us have these bad dreams.
The fact that it stays with us through the day is horrid. I always end up feeling like Im still in the dream for a while, cant seem to come out of it.

Try to do something relaxing before going to sleep. No tv, just some pleasant music or, as I do, a relaxation cd.

This should help you sleep with more peaceful dreams.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Megagirl
18-04-05, 14:45
Hi Tatty B,

When I first became anxious I started having really vivid dreams too.
I used to try to read into everything that happened in the dreams but I think this actually made things worse, particularly when they are bad nightmares.

As the other guys have posted, the dreams tend to get better when your anxiety levels go down and as Sue said, its really good to remind yourself that its only a dream, I know that its hard though. I usually feel exhausted after a bad dream but just keep telling myself that its my mind working overtime!

I think its because at night time your mind is trying to resolve any issues that you are trying to cope with.

I find that getting plenty of exercise during the day and cutting back on coffee and sugary foods late at night helps.
For some reason a few drops of Lavender essential oil on my pillow seems to help me sleep soundly.
Hope you feel better soon,
Megs
x

kairen
18-04-05, 15:35
HI TATTY,

I had a dream last week that i had pinched someones chips from the chip shop, and some one told me that person was coming to get me, i woke up in full panic mode and took me all day to calm myself down,

where that came from i dont know, its funny now but at the time it was weird LOL

You were prob just really tired and your mind was working over time...

hope you get a good nights sleep tonight x

kairen x

tattybear
18-04-05, 15:40
Hiya Kairen :D

Hows you hun?

Yeah the dreams we do have are very strange and very random!! Stealing chips...[?] Being shot with metal.....[?] But i guess our minds dont always switch off at nite! as much as we'd want them too!

The days slowly got better which is a good thing :).

Im gonna try and really unwind before i go to bed tonight as see if it helps!!

Tatty B xx

sal
18-04-05, 15:55
Hi Tatty

We all have some very strange dreams we cant explain, i know i did a few weeks ago when my anxiety was quite high and i played on them all day wondering why i dreampt of something so biazarre.

Pleased the day has got better, and do as you say and try to really wind down and relax before you go to bed.

Hope you have a better night tonight.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

vernon
18-04-05, 16:26
i have strange dreams to but no idea what triggers them off. I do my relaxtion tape just before i go to sleep now that seems to help. tc. Vernon

Kairen you didnt offer me one of your stolen chips

tattybear
18-04-05, 16:32
Lol

I didnt get offered one either! [Sigh...]

Tatty B xx

kairen
18-04-05, 16:44
LOL they were lovely aswell............

i always dream my teeth are falling out i hate that one cos im spitting them out yuk,,,,
(must be all the cream eggs)

kairen x

Meg
18-04-05, 17:28
Being on meds can exacerbate the dreams and nightmares.

Our minds cannot always totally distinguish from being shot at in a dream to being shot at in real life so you will repond mentally but in a diluted dream like way which will cause you to feel tired and washed out for the following day.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Annette
18-04-05, 20:20
Tatty B,

That sounds a scary dream, I would go along with what Jude said about the relaxation cd. If you use it with earphones as you are going of to sleep or just before it seems to help. LOL having said that I have felt horrid all day having had a totally sleepless night. My headphones were downstairs so I just kept telling myself I would go off soon. I think I need to listen to my own advice!

Annette x

sal
18-04-05, 21:23
Hi Tatty

Hope you have had a nice chilled evening.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
18-04-05, 21:44
I had some horrible dreams last night but I had taken some night nurse to help me sleep cos I just can't seem to sleep atall on Sunday nights.

A few weeks ago I had some horrid dreams about loads of friends dying but as they say the dreams are just that and not premonitions etc. I think maybe sometimes our minds work overtime at night and once you appreciate they are only dreams then it gets easier.

Hope you sleep ok tonight.

Nicola

fc
04-11-09, 14:05
i have very strange dreams but the weirdest is when i panic in my sleep waking up thinking i've peed myself only to find i havent .taking ages after waking to convince my self i havent.i also dream that i am constantly late for work ,waking up when my shift has nearly finished and that my dead father isn't dead at all!