PDA

View Full Version : dont know if this will help any1 but its some info i was given on anx to help with pa

leo05
17-06-08, 01:30
HI ALL, Just some info to help with panic

COPING WITH PANIC
Correct breathing and practising relaxation, (or keeping yourself as relaxed as possible throughout the day), will help to prevent feelings or anxiety and panic. It is impossible to feel anxious or have a panic attack if all the muscles in your body are relaxed. Sometimes, however, we do become tense and anxious and may begin to feel panicky.

If this should happen, the following ten rules will help you to cope!

COPING WITH PANIC

10 Rules for coping with panic:

1 Remember that the feelings are nothing more than exaggeration of the normal bodily reaction to stress

2 They are not in the least harmful or dangerous – just unpleasant. Nothing worse will happen.

3 Stop adding to panic with frightening thoughts about what is happening and where it might lead

4 Notice what is really happening in your body right now, not what you fear might happen.

5 wait and give the fear time to pass. Do not fight it or run away from it. Just accept it.

6 Notice that once you stop adding to it with frightening thoughts, the fear starts to fade by itself

7 Remember the whole point of practice is to learn how to cope with fear – without avoiding it. So this is the opportunity to make progress.

8 Think about the progress you have made so far, despite all the difficulties. Think how pleased you will be when you succeed this time.

9 When you begin to feel better, look around you, and start to plan what to do next.

10 when you are ready to go on start off in an easy relaxed way. There is no need for effort or hurry.

When panic starts it is not always possible to think clearly at the time.

For this reason you should read through the rules very carefully so that they are clear in your mind

Well you all probably already knew all that but if was something i was given today to help me with my anx and pa
i am sorry sorry if this is wrong of me to post and if it is i will remove or mods can

hugs n love
lea xx