PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety or the propranalol?

jellybean43
17-06-08, 09:36
Hi
Well I started taking 80mg Propranalol two days ago and so far everything seems fine apart from the night before last i didnt sleep too well and last night i was up and down all night.
I havent suffered with sleep disturbance for some time as the PIZOTIFEN that i was on for migraines used to send me to sleep within minutes.
However, for years and years i do suffer with this "crazy" worry of if i have to get up early to an alarm clock i dont seem to be able to sleep.Hence, any job i have ever done i have opted for afternoon shifts and if i meet anyone or make appointments i always try and make it not before lunch time. I know to some ppl this may sound totally mad but i cant seem to change. This has been going on for years with me!!! Now, my poor daughter seems to suffer it despite not having lived with me for years. If she has early morning appointments she spends half the night awake worrying about it. This, really did pose a huge problem for her through uni and she ended up on sleeping tablets.
Today I was suppose to be meeting my parents in town(long story but i am not totally at ease with them anyhow as they have just come back in to my life after a ten year silence on my dads part!!!!) but i have had to cancel. I was getting a lift in this morning with OH and then getting the bus back(9 miles so not too far but i havent ever got the bus home only in to town!).
I know all this might sound crazy but i am not sure if it is the worry of meeting them on my own as i am usually with OH that has triggered the not sleeping(early morning having to get up) or the propranalol.
I am hoping other ppl might relate to this story. I feel i miss out on sooo much cos of this anxiety thing!!!!
xx

noonoo
17-06-08, 10:10
I've been on 80mg for almost 2 months now (just under). And once they kicked in I got sleep disturbance, it does say it's one of the side effects on the note inside that comes with them. I woke up at 3am the other night, looked at my clock and fell straight to sleep again :huh:

xxxxx