PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Kiki
18-04-05, 14:20
Hello, I though it was about time I introduced myself as I've been visiting this site a lot ever since I found it a few weeks ago, & have found it very reassuring [8D]
I've suffered from anxiety and depression on & off for about the last 8 years now, ever since leaving University, which I loved. I've been on courses of Paroxetine & Cipralex over this time, & came off the Cipralex last October as my doctor thought I should try a course of CBT instead (which I am still having, although now only once a fortnight).
I have, however, been back on the Cipralex now for the last 7 weeks. This is because, ever since I returned from a 3-week holiday to Australia over Christmas (which, to be honest I found stressful & exhausting...great!), I have been suffering from health anxiety and panic attacks brought on by various different symptoms which I had never experienced before and that have scared me a lot (constant headaches, fatigue, chills, sweats, shaking, derealisation and numbness, weakness, tingling & aching in my joints & limbs, to name the main ones). Although this site has helped me to realise that these symptoms are probably due to the vicious circle of anxiety > symptom > anxiety, and the Cipralex has helped with the panic attacks, I still get these symptoms from time to time, & still cannot help the negative thoughts & worries popping back into my mind. This is especially seeing as I had never had any of these symptoms when experiencing anxiety before (well, apart from the tiredness & derealisation anyway).
Anyway, that's me, thanks for listening, & I'm sure I'll be posting more about all of this on the symptoms/health anxiety pages in the future!
K x x

lin
18-04-05, 14:28
hi kiki

Welcome to the forum u will get lots of help and advice they r a good bunch of people. I had wot u have 2mths ago when my anxiety was on a high it made me feel really low cried alot couldn't do a thing.

I am now feeling better anxiety has lifted {for now} i think it may b some of the help i have had from people on here.

Anyway i hope u will feel better very soon.

take care

lin xx

Kiki
18-04-05, 15:17
Hi Lin,

Thanks for your quick reply...I've been really nervous about finally getting involved with the forums!

I'm glad you're feeling better & it's really good to know that a lot of the reason for that is the help you've received from this website.

The weird thing with me is that, when I was at my worst a couple of months ago, the last thing I could do was cry, and I think that made it worse that I couldn't let any of the worry out, so I think this may also have helped you. Since being back on the Cipralex, & understanding more about anxiety from this website, & more importantly, that i'm not the only one, I've found that I've been able to be more open about my worries & cry more & that this has helped me to feel a bit better.

Take care, K x x

sal
18-04-05, 15:51
Hi Kiki

Welcome aboard and pleased you have given us a chance by joining. I know it can be daunting joining a new site but everyone on here is really friendly and will support you and help you as much as they can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kairen
18-04-05, 16:12
hi kiki

Glad u joined us welcome to the site, evryone here is brilliant and there is always someone here to help and understand it is good to be able to talk to people who understand,

have you read the welcome page as that really helps you understand things

welcome again and take care

kairen x

maxine
18-04-05, 16:25
Hiya Kiki
Welcome to the site:D

take care

Maxine

Meg
18-04-05, 17:16
Hi Kiki,

Its great that you recognise that it is the cycle of negative thoughts about the variety of symtoms that is perpetuating these panics and anxiety.

Has the CBT helped at all ?

The symptoms are all fairly common ones as you know and the only way round them is to get used to them and let them take their course by ignoring them and getting used to the fact that they will not hurt you nad this will ease them straight away.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jan
18-04-05, 19:02
Hi Kiki

Welcome to the forum. I know you will be thankful that you finally introduced yourself as this site has people that will give you lots of good advice and will help and support you throughout. I hope that you had a good time in Oz despite it being tiring.

Take care

Janine

Karen
18-04-05, 19:04
Hi Kiki

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
18-04-05, 19:44
Hi Kiki

Welcome aboard the forum.

I find that as one symptom goes another replaces it so it is hard to know what is real etc.

I hope we can give you some support on here.

Nicola

sal
18-04-05, 21:22
Hi Kiki

You have had some great replies, hope you are okay.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Tracy68
19-04-05, 12:50
Hi Kiki
Welcome to the site. As you can see you will get plenty of help and support from everyone.
Take care
Tracy
x

jude
19-04-05, 13:00
Hi Kiki,

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of people with similar symptoms here and some good advice on how to cope.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

rhowes2000
22-04-05, 10:27
Hi kiki,

You certainly made the right choice in introducing yourself to the forum. Everyone here is fantastic, whenever you feel even slightly down spend some time on here and you'll soon feel better. I like you have the vicious circle with the anxiety symptoms but over the last week or so things have got better. Good luck i'm sure you have taken a very positive step.

Richard

pips
22-04-05, 12:36
Hi KiKi,

A big warm welcome to the site. The people on here are fab and the advice is excellent! You definately made the right choice in joining!

Good luck We know how you feel!

Love PIP'S X