PDA

View Full Version : Too many threads about same thing...?

Cathy V
17-06-08, 11:01
Sorry if this sounds a bit offensive, its really not meant to be, but ive noticed alot of new members are starting a thread, then another, then another asking the same question. There are sometimes 3 or 4 threads in one morning, about the same problem or symptom and its becoming very confusing for the ppl trying to answer. Your threads will always be read at some point and answered by somebody, its very rare for a thread not to be replied to, but there are not so many members around during the day as during the evening, so it might take a bit longer for ppl to respond.

I know its horrible when you're feeling really bad and you just want someone to listen to you and give some feedback, but we will do so as quickly as we can...promise! I just find myself jumping from thread to thread trying to give some reassurence only to find another has appeared from the same person with the same question (slightly different title tho!) and a whole different bunch of us answering! how greedy can you get hahaha!

Dont know if any other members have the same prob?

Cathy xxx :D

jodie
17-06-08, 12:22
hiya

i think it happens more with new ppl and they soon get the hang of things and what they are doing.

jodie xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 12:26
Yep, maybe its that there are alot of new members around at the moment too, so it seems more obvious...it dont take much to confuse me sorry :scared15:

Best wishes
cathy xxx :)

SHYGIRLAJB
17-06-08, 12:31
Hi

Perhaps people start up new threads as they dont like stepping on other peoples toes, if you see what I mean. They might not want to take over someone elses post.

I hope you can make sense for the above.

SHYGIRLAJB

milly jones
17-06-08, 12:44
hey cathy my son was probably one of those

he was so delighted at being able to join nmp and it was exciting to get a reply and think somebody had written to u.

hes not of the pen and paper generation and letters are usually bills lol

sorry if hes annoyed any one

i do try to monitor him

no offense intended

milly x

Cathy V
17-06-08, 12:56
Hi shygirl, no i dont mean different ppl starting a new thread coz thats normal....im talking about one person starting a thread, then without waiting for replies from it they start another about the same prob. So some of us are replying to more than one thread from the same person about the same question... if you see what i mean. Sometimes you have to wait for the replies to come in but theres usually someone around to answer. It takes a while to find the way around the site so my post was a little prod. And anyway, if ppl want to post as many threads as they want its up to them...im not the forum police! but just that it can be confusing to find yourself replying to someones thread, only to find theyre asking the question again 10 mins later! :wacko:

No big deal tho eh?
Cathy xxx :)

Cathy V
17-06-08, 13:01
Milly, no dont think it was one of his...didnt realise he was a member lol! anyway im prob causing more trouble as usual...ever wished youd kept yer mouth closed :zipit: !

SHYGIRLAJB
17-06-08, 13:32
Hi

Sorry Cathy, I must have misread your post, sorry.

Me and my big mouth, sorry once again.

SHYGIRLAJB

marie1974
17-06-08, 13:37
hahaha:winks: u causing trouble again xxxx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 13:43
Yep, I guess so donna but as always dont meant to :D !
Cathy xxx :noangel:

marie1974
17-06-08, 13:55
haha hey we need a little drama here and there dont we :D :winks: hugs matey xx

cassi23
17-06-08, 14:17
sorry, i know im one of those...will keep posting on same topic to a minumum lol xxx

Hope 2
17-06-08, 14:20
Hey Cathy

Actually you make me laugh chuck xx
I never take offence when you speak up on something cos I know you aint vindictive.
Don't beat yourself up for speaking yr mind, be proud u got the guts. I think you have brought a lot to the site sinced u joined and I for one am glad of that.

Keep telling us how it is ok :yesyes:
Hope xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 14:29
Thanks Hope...whats an old scouse bird gonna do with all this time on her shaking hands I ask yer? but i do tend to begin these threads with great gusto and then realise what ive started, then i end up feelin bad....then i just scarper!

Ahh well, tomorrows another day :noangel: !

Cathy xxx :D

marie1974
17-06-08, 14:36
we know u mean well hun, dont scarper for too long :D . id miss u anyway :hugs: funny how things work out thought you was right wrong ern at first cos u do get them, :roflmao: and i know now how lovely and genuine you are and a lovely friend too xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 14:38
Cassi don't worry you're fine. When we first join we just want as many ppl as poss to hear us and i understand that, it wasnt that long ago that i joined too. I was just a bit frustrated this morning is all. You keep posting ok? there are alot of ppl here who can help you....even if i can't :unsure:

Cathy xxx :)

kellie
17-06-08, 14:39
LMAO Cathy you are so funny, all i can say to you is calm down calm down ( in a scoucer voice). lol .

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 14:44
Hahahaha! havent heard that one before Kel :D

But thanks guys it means alot xxxx Hope the newbies dont report me to nic...soz nic, it wasnt me it was donna honest :lac:

marie1974
17-06-08, 14:49
haha :whiplash: i gonna think of u now mate when i c this, cathy whiplash
behave or beware :D :hugs: xxxxxxxx

milly jones
17-06-08, 14:52
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: donna

cath u look like this?

i thought u were an :noangel:

millxx

pooh
17-06-08, 15:09
Anyone got a spare wooden spoon to donate to Cathy LOL LOL

Cathy V
17-06-08, 15:11
Mill, that donna's a cheeky mare...you just carry on thinking im an :noangel: ok? we scousers hav gorra stick together xxx:secret:

marie1974
17-06-08, 16:23
:chairfall: this thread now sounds like something from the jeramy kyle show:roflmao:

bab
17-06-08, 17:50
Sorry guys - i think im one of these people - its just having an 24/7 anxious period at the mo and im prob repeating myself... sorry xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 18:17
See, ive made everyone feel awful now...please dont feel bad about it guys, just go on as you are its fine really, just ignore what i said. I know its horrible when you really really want someone to reply and you think your threads are being ignored. I'll try and get this post either deleted or closed so it doesnt make any more ppl feel bad about posting, ok?

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :blush:

kazzie
17-06-08, 18:23
Hey Cathy:D

I think this thread has given everyone a good laugh, I dont mean what you wrote just the banter that ensued from it:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Cathy V
17-06-08, 18:31
:sofa:

marie1974
17-06-08, 18:34
hey u dont be silly we had good laugh and laughing is good therapy hun. its all good fun and everyone knows that :hugs:

Cathy V
17-06-08, 18:48
Yes but all the new members are feeling very....well, anxious because of what i said about posting and i didnt want that. i think i thought that now im a dead important 'intermediate' member they would all just say ok cathy thanks for that little gem and we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for saving us from our ignorance, and arent you fab...:secret:

Maybe next time!
Cathy xxxxx :)

Ps...tho i also have to say thanks for the laugh today guys!

Trixie
17-06-08, 18:55
Have I repeated myself ? I don't usually but who knows.............:ohmy:

marie1974
17-06-08, 19:02
u meant well cathy remember that miss whiplash hehe. you are a good egg and the new ones will soon learn that xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 19:22
Hey sister Trixie...you are DEFO the worst culprit for repeating yourself, repeating yourself, repeating yourself...i cant get a word in sometimes girl :D

No, you always give sound advice...short and to the point, luv it!

Big-hearted (some say) big-mouthed (the rest say) Cathy xxx

milly jones
17-06-08, 19:37
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

cheers guys

bab
17-06-08, 19:42
Cathy, dont be silly this has been a great thread!! x

From a now more anxious new member - lol x

Cathy V
17-06-08, 19:47
Nooooooooo Bab! dont go! stay! i were ornly jorkin....honest! :D look heres a big hug :bighug1: and i NEVER do hugs ask anyone...