PDA

View Full Version : Unremarkable chest (?)

ksmith
17-06-08, 18:33
After quietly sh*ttng myself I picked the phone up to get the results from my recent chest X ray.

Whilst the receptionist was looking for the results I'm already planning my funeral but she simply said UNREMARKABLE. Now, with my sensible head on I know this probably means normal. But, my anx health head says it means 'well your lungs and heart a bit shot but for your age they're OK for now' Anyone out there that can explain an unremarkable result?

Cheers
Kay

scooby28
17-06-08, 18:50
I had an mri scan and when they sent me the results in the post they said it was unremarkable so i jumped on to the phone to them thinking this was bad but it meant that every thing was ok and they found nothing wrong i'm sure yours means that yours is fine too and doesn't show anything bad.

mandie
17-06-08, 18:50
Hi Kay

It means your result was normal. Nothing to report.

Try not to worry. Easier said for us i know!

love mandie x

Trixie
17-06-08, 18:52
Unremarkable means that nothing (no pathology )is there for the doctor to remark on. In other words:yesyes:

Cathy V
17-06-08, 18:53
Kay your post made me smile, but glad your results were good. Ive never heard the term unrmarkable before in this way either....they were obviously bored by the whole thing then!

Take care of that unremarkable chest now wont you? :D
Best wishes
cathy xxx

ksmith
17-06-08, 21:00
Thanks Scooby, Mandie & Trixie (I love it - no pathology to comment on!!)

Cathy V, I've never been soooo pleased to have an unremarkable chest!

Kay x