PDA

View Full Version : Visible heartbeat

stanew
17-06-08, 19:02
Hello all,

I'm just looking for some re-assurance I suppose and i do plan on going to see the doctor about it.
Over the past few months I have been stressed out for various reasons and this then manifested itself into health anxiety.
Went through some completly idiotic thoughts when I was at my worst but now feel am on the mend slowly.

Anyhow to the current point I am convinced I can see my heart beat when i look at my chest. I have tried showing this to family members and friends but they say they can't see anything. If I place an object on it then it moves along in time with my pulse. I don't notice it all the time, there is no immediate pain (when there is i think i imagine it or it could be because when i see it i then go prodding and poking at myself lol) or feelings of palpatations etc.
I also can see my pulse in my stomach which i know is a common symptom of stress/anxiey. I have also read on the internet (bad thing i know - can't help it) that this can be a symptom too Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced a similar thing?

Thanks,

Stacey :)

halfnormal
17-06-08, 19:14
I always notice my heartbeat/see my heartbeat.

In fact I went into a doctors office and they took my pulse and I notice my heart beat in my stomach, chest, back. I said it must be really high.

She said "Nope completely normal!"

Rachey poos
17-06-08, 21:27
Absolutly normal...you are just tuned into your heart beat due to stress xxxx U are fine x so common x:hugs: