PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New..

sjs0910
17-06-08, 19:16
Hello all..

My name is Sue, I am 45 and live in Darlaston in the West Midlands..

I have agoraphobia and phobic anxiety .. which leads to a problem with eating and drinking.. I have a problem with swallowing..

I have been having panic attacks for about 15 years now .. and have been in the mental health system for about 10 of them... At the moment I see the psychatrist every six months, have an OT who I see for about the same time.. and a support worker who I see fortnightly...

The main problem I have right now is.. I have 2 hospital appointments coming up in July, which it had been arranged that the support worker would take me and support me during this.. But I have found out today, after a CPA review that the OT wants me to get a taxi there and back alone.. The reason being that hospital visits are for physical health not mental health.. She said if the appointements were with the psychatrist then there would be no problem with the support worker helping me. . but they will not help with physical health...

I am at a loss what to do now.., at this moment, I am really panicky, crying and feel down .... I have no family who live close to me.. and having agoraphobia I don't have any friends...

I wondered if anyone knew of anyone I could phone to try and get some help and support with getting to these appointments..?
I can't do this alone..

Thank you for reading..

Sue..

marie1974
17-06-08, 19:21
hiya sue and welcome, i am sure people on here will be able to advice you on this and you will also get some great support, we are all lovely here and you will make friends here. i have made some lovely caring friends, keep posting and hugs xxxxx

milly jones
17-06-08, 19:32
in flintshire where i live there is a mental health advocacey service. they accompant u to appointments to aid ppl. i wondered if there was a similar service in your area?

or what about CAB they might be able to help?

or hospital league of friends, may they be able to help?

dont know how u feel about these?

are there any nmp ppl in the area who could help out?

i unfortunately had an appt at the hosp 13 miles away and ended up walking most of it home cos i couldnt get a lift off anyone, and i dont like buses.

there must be some way of helping u hun, if i lived nearer....

dont lose heart

milly xxx

ps ooohh i nearly forgot, welcome

Nibbles
17-06-08, 19:52
Hi Sue and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You could perhaps ring the No Panic helpline when on your way to the hospital? They might be able to give you advice on keeping calm while offering the comfort you need.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
17-06-08, 20:01
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 20:50
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
18-06-08, 00:07
Hello Sue And Welcome ....i Wish Ya Well.............linda

Lilith1980
18-06-08, 07:28
Hi Sue

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

jesse08
18-06-08, 07:42
Hi Sue, Welcome to NMP. Milly has (again) made some good suggestions about getting to your appointments. I would add possibly contacting your local MIND office - they cover panic and have befrienders so someone might be able to accompany you. Keep posting on NMP.
Jesse x

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 10:34
Hello and welcome to NMP :smile:

You will find lots of useful advice on here and also get to make some new friends along the way, who truly understand what you are going through.

Kaz xx

weeble40
18-06-08, 12:35
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

sjs0910
18-06-08, 20:12
Hi Sue, Welcome to NMP. Milly has (again) made some good suggestions about getting to your appointments. I would add possibly contacting your local MIND office - they cover panic and have befrienders so someone might be able to accompany you. Keep posting on NMP.
Jesse x

I rang MIND today .. the closest one to me is in Sandwell.. and they said I am out of their area for any help.. Because I come under Walsall health authority...

Will keep trying any suggestions anyone has..

And, thank you for all of the replies... I do appreciate them