PDA

View Full Version : My confidence has taken a major nose dive today.

Granny Primark
17-06-08, 20:21
Ive gone months without having a major panic attack then today out of the blue whilst out shopping I had one!
Blurred vision, palpitations, shaking and heaving cus I felt sick.
I was in morrisons with my daughter and grandaughter. My daughter told me to go to the car and use my rescue spray.
It was rush hour which made it worse cus I was scared about going back home and getting caught in a major traffic jam.
I went back to my car and phoned my best mate gill and also txt my nmp mate sam. Sam txt me with reassurance and gill talked to me til i could get my breath back.
Hubby was in the garden so he couldnt hear the phone.
Omg has my self confidence taken a bashing today!
Is this just a one off or have they returned? And if so why?
Im just wondering will I have the confidence to go out tomorrow.

eternally optimistic
17-06-08, 20:27
Hello Lynn

Im sorry to hear your set back today.

I know what you mean when you say it knocks your confidence.

I often read your messages and I know you will bounce back from this.

You will be fine tomorrow, just keep telling yourself it was a one off for some strange reason.

If only we knew what kicks these things off.

Take care and get yourself out tomorrow if you can.

J

chalky
17-06-08, 20:34
Hi Lynn,

You have lots going on in your life right now.Sometimes when we have an episode,it can be our body's way of telling us jus to slow down a bit-a kettle has to boil or explode.
It is natural to think of the big picture but you have to try to do the one day at a time thing-no more than that.
You will get through this.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Granny Primark
17-06-08, 20:38
Thanks jackie,
Its just scared me so much. But im proud of myself for having the courage to drive back home. The relief when I got home was enormous.
2 hours later and im still shaking.
Ive feel ive let myself and my hubby down. Ive promised him that il go on holiday this year. I wont let him or the others were going with down.

eternally optimistic
17-06-08, 20:45
Lynn

You should be proud of yourself and remember that - YOU DID IT.

Do NOT think you've let anyone down, that's never good. Look
at the positive that you made it back.

Ive got the holiday thing happening this year too... cant let my hubby and kids down. Taking the ferry rather than a plane!!!! LOL.

You'll have a great time.

Bye Lynn

Southern_Belle
17-06-08, 21:08
Hi Lynn,

I'm sorry you had a bad day but we all have blips and I know how strong you are and you can move forwards. Try not to worry about your holiday because the more you focus on it the bigger it will get. (I know this from experience) I do hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Also, be proud of the way you handled yourself today.

Love,

Laura

kellie
17-06-08, 21:21
Awwwww lynn hun so mr panic came out of the blue today and kicked your butt , bloody good at that aint he. You can be going along great for wks/mths and then here he is again. so what are you going to do about him ? are you going to let him win or are you gonna stick your finger up at him and tell him to sling his hook?. this is just a blip hun plz dont get it in to your head that the bloody thing is back for good, you drove home didnt you, that was great going, well done to you. yes you were left feeling rough but he didnt get you to a piont where you had to get a taxi, so to me you won over that episode.
1 nil to granny id say, and may more to come.
take care hun see ya soon

kellie.xxxxxxxx

Nibbles
17-06-08, 22:21
Hi Lynn,

I'm sure it's just a one off but it's never a nice thing to deal with so have some of these. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I think you coped really well and did exactly the right things which shows how much progress you've made. Rather than wondering why the attack came on I'd try and concentrate on all the time you've gone panic free.

Take care,

Mike :)

erialc
17-06-08, 22:41
Hey GP,

perhaps try and see it as a little blip xx you should be proud u drove home :)

I saw ur pics of the little one on fb - she is adorable

Claire xx

Cathy V
17-06-08, 22:53
Lyn so sorry you went through that today but like the others have said, you did great and you coped with it. Maybe we have to accept that these panics will come back from time to time when we are really stressed, but the fact that you drove home means you beat it. You're only feeling like s**t now because you cant believe a panic happened after so long without, but dont think of it as failure, but as success that you took it on and you won.

Chin up, you did great
cathy xxxx :)

SAMKIRMAN
18-06-08, 00:29
lyn mate you could never let anyone down you are doing brilliant and i am soooooooooooooooooo proud of you you have had a lot going on so that is probably why tomorrow is a new day and you will be fine big hugs my angel love sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
18-06-08, 07:15
You have lots going on in your life right now.Sometimes when we have an episode,it can be our body's way of telling us jus to slow down a bit-a kettle has to boil or explode.
Chalky

I think Chalky makes a good point here - maybe its your body's way of telling you to take a step back and try to relax a bit hun.

I understand it will knock your confidence but dont worry, you'll get through this hun. Just try and go a bit easier on yourself :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

jo61
18-06-08, 07:35
Hi Lynn, sorry to hear what happened to you. I know how disappointing it can be. I'm having a bit of a blip myself this week - after months of feeling better than I have for years, I've been hit by major anxiety. Look, you got yourself home yesterday and that was a huge achievement. Hold on to that. As others have said maybe you just need to slow down a little. Take care :hugs:

jesse08
18-06-08, 07:40
Hi Lynne, hopefully it's a one off. I think a lot of us can go ages or at least a while and then Bang!!! you have a panic attcak. I know I can get like that. Did anything that you can recall, trigger it? Too many people? Were you stressed about anything??? Just some suggestions. I am sure you will be OK today - I do hope so. Take each day as it comes. You did really well to get through it. Love Jesse
:flowers:

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 09:01
Lynn I am so sorry that you had a panic attack out of the blue, but I do know that you are an amazing woman with a lot of inner strength, and you have achieved so much in the short time that I have known you.

Lynn, think of it as a blip (remember that's what you told me) and also don't feel as if you have let anyone down, because you haven't, least of all your husband. Remember, I have met both you and your husband and by the way your husband looks at you (I watch people a lot) I can see that he really really loves you and is also very proud of you too.

You can beat this Lynn and you will. I have so much faith in you Lynn.

Kaz xx

milly jones
18-06-08, 12:10
hi gp,

uve had a lot going on hun recently and when we get stressed sometimes we do blip

concentrate on the future hun, the blip is past and gone

hugs to u

milly xx

Granny Primark
18-06-08, 12:11
Oh my goodness whatever would I do without you lot?
You are so totally amazing and supportive to me.
Sam your my angel you truly are. And kaz your a brill lady that has been through so much but you still manage to struggle on.
A huge thank you to you all for the advice and help Ive recieved over the last few years.
Well I kicked that panic into touch this morning!
I got in the car and drove my hubby to work.
It was rush hour and I was really nervous but your posts helped me enormously.
Kellie yours was very inspiring. I put my fingers up to that demon panic and beat him.:yahoo:
And later on Im going out again. Armed with me rescue spray and a bottle of water me and my daughter and grandaughter are off out shopping looking for things to turn my garden into a play area for my darling katie!

Loads and loads of love and thanks to you all. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

EmmaJane
18-06-08, 12:14
Hi Lynn

Sorry to hear you have relapsed a bit. This does happen. It depends what you have going on. A small trigger can start all this again. Don't let it put you off going out. Remember you know your having a panic attack, no one else can see it. Also, it won't harm you.

Keep your chin up

Emma

thevoicewithinme
18-06-08, 12:18
Way to go Lynn...I knew you could do it. Sod the panic attacks..we are stronger than them :winks:

Kaz xxx

milly jones
18-06-08, 12:51
hey gp,

good on u

see u in chat tonight hun

lots of love

milxx

jesse08
19-06-08, 06:58
Hi Lynn, great to read that you kicked it into touch yesterday. Good on You. Have a lovely day today. All the Best, Jesse