PDA

View Full Version : Husband in Hospital and I am actually doing ok.

breeze25
18-06-08, 07:07
My husband got admitted to hospital yesterday for a life long illness, and early indictation are that he could be in there for a week +, although if he really lucky he could be out after 3/4 days.

Now this I would have thought would of sent me into orbit with my anxiety and panic, but although its been 1 day, I have been fine. Ok it helps that I have 2 wonderful children to help distract me, I thought the sleeping in the house last night would of set me off and I had visions of laying awake all night listening for noises, infact about 10 last night I heard a bang downstairs and I thought 'oops' then I said to myself not to be so silly, I fell asleep quickly and had 7 hours solid which I am pleased about.

I have done myself a list of things that I need to do today to distract me.

I guess what I am going to ask are is there times when you could of reall fallen to pieces that something else has kicked in and you have gotten on with it.

PUGLETMUM
18-06-08, 09:23
:hugs: firstly - sorry your husband has been admitted, but yes i think sometimes we do and can cope when we are put under pressure. i think the difference is how you deal with it and where you are along in your anxiety journey. so if your anx is sky high and you are housbound i think it can make you feel worse but you would still get through it. but if you have made some progress and gotten anxiety into perspective then you will cope a great deal better and feel a whole lot calmer, like you sound. so well done it shows you are doing really really well with recovery, i would try as hard as you can to keep away from any catastrophic thoughts and accept any physical signs of tension as being expected under the circumstances, that way you are not putting expectations on yourself that are unrealistic. this is a stressful time and it will affect you, but so long as you can keep away from crazy thoughts and scenarios - which lets face it are the main culprit - then you will be fine, stay strong, emma xxxxxx:yesyes:

pooh
18-06-08, 09:28
Hiya!

I believe that sometimes events present themselves to us and the real reality is there just isnt the time to think about or even start to panick. You need to be there for youe hubby, the children, the house those needs and their calling are stronger than anxiety. How fantastic is that!
Hope Hubby is out and feeling better soon

Take care

Pooh xxx

cardmaker
18-06-08, 10:25
Well done Mev!!

Keep positive and you'll get through this.
Hope hubby is improving.

Huge hugs to you both :hugs:

milly jones
18-06-08, 11:53
yes mev

really well done hun

its so hard when partners are away out the house

u keep busy and were all here if u need to chat

all my love

milly xx

marie1974
18-06-08, 12:10
hiya and im glad you are doing so well, i think alot of the time we think we cant cope but when we have too especially when u got kids, u suddenly just find loads of strength and do wot has to be done. its prob the bodys way of coping too and keeping busy always helps. welldone you and i hope yr hubby is well and home soon hugs xxx

breeze25
20-06-08, 08:14
Thanks for your replies.

We did hope at the start he would be in for a day or 2, they did say if he was better he could come home at the weekend, but not making enough progress and told early next week at earliest.

It is really getting draining juggling everything, the hospital is not even local, i am getting back putting kids to bed and collapsing exhausted.

i think I am pleased how I am coping, I had not had an anxiety attack for several months and was worries this would start it off, so far so good, taking 1 day at a time.

PUGLETMUM
20-06-08, 09:07
:yesyes: :hugs: hi mev, you are doing brill!!!! just keep taking it one day at a time, and before you know it your hubby will be home:yesyes: it will be very very tiring and draining because you are in a different frame of mind in a situation like this - you know, like on automatic pilot? but you will be fine and when he comes home then try and take time to relax for you and reflect positively on how you have managed so well:hugs: :yesyes: emma xxxxx