PDA

View Full Version : Still improving ....

Lottie32
19-04-05, 10:11
Hello everybody

For those of you who haven't read any of my posts, I've been a member of the forum for two plus years, and I'm one of the success stories!

I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks all my life, and now have developed depression as well (for which I am taking meds).

I just want to add to my success story in the hope that it will help all new members that don't quite believe that diet, exercise and breathing really does get rid of all the horrible symptoms.

Last Saturday I went to Jules wedding. I went on my own, only knowing Jules, her partner and one of the bridesmaids, and Sam by sight (we were introduced at a Terrorvision gig last Tuesday, and it was too loud to talk - or even shout for that matter, so we just had to grin inanely like newly released mentalists - which is exactly what we were!!)

I am really proud of myself - I spent 5 1/2 hours shopping in Nottingham for an outfit (not intentionally, I just couldn't find anything in my size), which was trauma enough - I hate shopping, and I certainly couldn't have done that a year ago, and got an outfit (less shoes, bag but the shops were shutting so we didn't have much choice). TOP TIP go on a Sunday. Hardly any queues, people etc, much less stressfull.

Anyway, I didn't really get much chance to worry about it, as I was soooo busy this week - I had to rely on my sister to choose and buy a handbag, and my best friend to get some underwear! (Having realised that my new top shows off my bra straps - I only do black or occassional grubby white where they have got stuck in the wash with the darks!)

I got Fake Baked, and then spent all week scrubbing it off - I got done on Monday night, and went to see Terrorvision on Tuesday. It was hot. I was wearing long tight boots. I sweated. The fake tan came off, but in nice this is where your boots were really tight marks. I looked like I had something very scarey. And most definitely contageous.

Basically, I tried to make an effort and do girly - OMG it's such hard work. I don't know how anybody manages it on a day to day level. Jules hubby spent most of the reception trying to make me say "I'm a Lady" - but I wouldn't.

Anyway I was even prouder when I got ready, packed my car up, and set off with only the tiniest weeniest bit of worry (soon got rid of by a few drops of Dr Bach). I was even there BEFORE the bride (I am always late for everything - ref: Grans Funeral!!!) but discovered afterwards that was only cos the car transporting Jules broke down and they had to send a replacement.

She looked absolutely gorgeous, in fact I almost had to get the tissues out when she walked into the church - but managed not too - tears, mascara and contact lenses just so don't work together.

The reception was lovely. Unfortunately I was not able to sit with the people that I knew and was really please that when I discovered this it didn't bother me at all! :D. If I'd even managed to get to the wedding on my own last year, sitting with nine strangers would have thrown me over the edge. But they were really really nice people, we had a real laugh. Within ten minutes I'd disgraced myself with my film knowledge - in particular a film with Beryl Reid as a High Priestess, some motor bikes and a pulsating toad. Luckily Debs had seen this too, and admitted it! And Meg came to the rescue by going on line and printing details off to bring later - although I hadn't quite given her the right information - it WAS Beryl Reid, but she was a Spiritualist, not a Priestess, and it was a frog, not a toad. But there were some Hells Angels in it. And it is called Psychomania. Actually it's quite scary.

Anyway I had a REALLY excellent day. And I'm still buzzing that I actually managed to do this. On my own. Meg came to the evening reception, and it was great that I was in control, and we could sit and natter on without her having to hold my hand and telling me to breathe!!!!

So I just want to say to all you out there, that the information on this site really does work, I'm a positively continuing success

sal
19-04-05, 10:14
Hi Charlie

Well done you, that is great to hear. I am pleased you had such a great day. I bet Jules did look fantasic.

Just shows how in time we can get back in control of our lifes.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

vernon
19-04-05, 11:58
hi lottie, and well done so happy for you. Vernon

pips
19-04-05, 13:03
That's Ace|News Lottie,

I'm so pleased you have come so far Well Done! Keep up the Good Work!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

tattybear
19-04-05, 13:17
Thats Fantastic Lottie.....

Great to read positive stories..

Keep it up :D

Tatty B xx

Meg
19-04-05, 13:35
....and not only did I not have to count breaths .. Lottie did look such a beautiful lady and completely charmed everyone in sight.

Jules looked simply stunning too and is now in the Maldives - another one of our members who really struggled to go abroad on holiday a year or so ago....

nomorepanic
19-04-05, 17:07
Hiya Charlie mate

Meg gave me an update on the wedding etc and it sounds as though you coped fantastically and Jules too!!!

Well done on all you have achieved over the years.

Got your text about Alton Towers so let me know when.

I need to see some pics of you both as I heard all about the shoes!

Big hug mate
x

Nicola

carlin
19-04-05, 18:37
Hi there,
How fantastic to read all of this, i do love a success story and a good wedding, brought tears to my eyes, you know how emotional i am at present!. I would love to see some photos i bet you all looked gorgeous.Take car.

sal
19-04-05, 21:50
Hi charlie

See how just a post like yours can give hope to others. Thanks for that and look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

henri
19-04-05, 22:33
hi charlie,
i remember reading some of your earlier success story posts when i was at my worst and they really gave me hope and made me believe that i'd get better. so thanks for those!
sounds like you did amazingly at the wedding, well done mate, hope you've rewarded yourself with lots of treats!
take care,
henri x

Karen
19-04-05, 23:09
Hi Lottie

Glad you had a good time. You have done so well. Keep up the good work!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Lottie32
20-04-05, 09:49
Thanks Everybody

Nic - my good old mum leaves her digital (which I'd borrowed) to run down. I did put it on charge four hours before, but it only took four photos, then died, so I'm afraid we shall have to wait for Jules to return from the Maldives for the photos - and I'm not sure that her official wedding photographer was concentrating too much on my shoes - and as was just about the tallest one there, I seemed to have spent a lot of time at the back! Not to worry I'll wear them for Alton Towers - I'm leaving it to you and Meg to sort out dates (when Jules is back) but I've talked Lucky into coming too!!!! Five Mentalists go Mad at Alton Towers (I only go on non scary rides by the way so be prepared to alternate between the log flume and the runaway train!) XX

Henri - you sound so much brighter. Well done matey! I would have spent some money on treats, but what with outfit, shoes, undies, fake bake, false nails, wedding presents, stupid waitress bribes etc, I'm totally skint. The only plus point is that as my BF is a hairdresser, I don't have to pay to have my hair done! Anybody want to buy some very nice Italian leather pink snakeskin killer heels (god they sound awful put like that - but they weren't really)

Carlin - I'll post some photos when Jules is back. (Or rather I'll send them to Nic and ask her to do it, cos our scanner is a bit skank)

Sal - thanks mate - how are you doing? Still improving I hope?

Meg - I didn't charm everybody at all - during the breakfast they had decided that I was the maddest person they had ever met, and like a freak show at the circus, were just coming back for second looks to make sure they didn't miss anymore Beryl Reid moments. But it was kind of you not to point that out!

Really everybody if you keep working hard you might get asked to a wedding one day! And have people staring at you cos you are the biggest Mentalist there - something we can all work towards!!!!

Love x

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

nomorepanic
20-04-05, 18:45
I have already told Meg that I DON'T do any rides except the dodgems lol. I like to watch people suffering instead so we can both watch Meg terrify herself!

Should be a good day anyway.

Nicola

sal
21-04-05, 00:28
If you have room for one more im up for it!!

Love Sal xx

Lottie32
24-04-05, 10:38
Hi Sal

I'll let you know when I know. We are trying to organise a date. One Friday in June looks likely, possibly the 18th, but don't quote me on that, as soon as a date is sorted, we will post.

Lucky is coming down and bringing the wee ones, so us total girls can take them off and have an excuse to go on the roundabouts (well you can't let two years olds on rides without accompanying them now can you!)

The down side is that Cam will want to go on all the big boys rides, and somebody will have to go on the Corkscrew with him!

Watch this space

X

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

carlin
24-04-05, 15:11
You lot have made me feel dizzy reading all about the rides etc.. and you sound worse than all my kids put together.....have a great time, lots of photos please.. you know what i'm like for a good photo xxx

Laurie28
28-04-05, 16:14
I'll try to go on the rides!!

I do actually like them but as I get older my guts have started to desert me!!

Lucky