PDA

View Full Version : Weird and Confusing

Patton
18-06-08, 20:30
Hi all,
For the last two days i have been exp. a few new odd sensations for me. i have been taking zoloft for a little over a month and i have been doing great no paic attacks just weird feelings. My memory is fuzzy and it takes me a while to remeber stuff. also when driving latley i have been getting the feeling like i dont know where i am but i do no where i am. and last night when i was driving home i convinced myself that my house might not have been my house. are these normal feelings with the reccovery process or am i getting worse???

Thanks
Patton

Oceanblue
18-06-08, 21:00
Hi,

If you wasn't taking medication, i'd put it down to the anxiety, but the medication is there to help you with your anxiety/panic, so all I can think of is that you're either still experiencing side effects, your body is still trying to get used to the medication itself, you're not taking the med's at the same time everyday, the dosage is too high (you're experiencing a spaced out effect) or they simply aren't the right ones for you.

I sometimes have these feelings but it's usually because I haven't been taking my medication at the same time everyday, sometimes forget until the afternoon/evening. It soon passes though.

Obviously, I can only guess going by my experiences with some medications in the past, and so I would advise you that if this continues, it's really best to talk about it with your doctor.

The thing is - No medication is perfect, you have to weigh things up,.. like would you be prepared to put up with slight side effects of the med's, rather than having to suffer through the panic/anxiety ? Theres are afew decisions to make, medication isn't always suitable for everybody.
Also with some medication's, it can take up to six week's for side effects to subside.

Hope this helps alittle xx:flowers: