PDA

View Full Version : Another New-bee

Bearo
19-04-05, 13:36
Hi,

I just found this place today after having a bit of a freak out this morning and doing a search for something. Glad I've found the place though looks like there's a vast amount of info available and I'm already planning on stopping by the chemist on the way home for Bach Flower and B12 :)

A bit about me - I'm male 26 from Scotland but I've been living in London for about 4 years now.

I've only recently started to have panic attacks so it's all a little new to me, I've been to the Doc and had the normal stuff checked out (still have a nagging feeling it's something else but I believe that's quite common)

I'm a bit of a worried and tend to over analyse things a little too much but that's never caused issues before but it looks like it might have finally got to me - another possible starting point is the fact that I've recently started a new high stress job...

Anyway that's enough rambling from me, I look forward to being an active member of the site

:)

mjh74
19-04-05, 13:50
Hi Bearo and welcome,

There are so many helpful people on this site and I'm sure we'll all be able to contribute in one way or another. My reason for being here is after a very stressful time at work and I too didn't even see it coming but the result was a really hefty panic attack so you're definitely not alone there!

Regards,

Mark

sal
19-04-05, 13:53
Hi Bearo

Welcome to the site and looking forward to you becoming an active member. There is so much help and support on here and you wont feel alone.

It is quite common to think that there is something else wrong even when you have had the all clear from the doctor, so try not to dwell too much on that as it is part of anxiety.

Starting a high pressured job wont have helped either, so you remember to have some you time, when you can relax and chill out.

Looking forward to hearing from you, take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
19-04-05, 14:01
Bearo,

Make that a Vit B complex rather than just a vit B 12 which is best taken for PMT. Thats one thing we can guarantee you don't have ! lol

Welcome .. occupational stress has lots to answer for but is often in conjunction with other aspects of your life too, mine was bereavements as well as work related issues.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

maxine
19-04-05, 14:26
Hiya Bearo,
Welcome to the site:D:D

Take care

Maxine

vernon
19-04-05, 14:46
hi bearo. Welcome to the site u will get lots of help here

Bearo
19-04-05, 14:54
Gosh aren't you a friendly bunch! :)

Thanks for the info on the B12 Meg hopefully I can get a complex that veggie friendly. Maybe that's a good start for me working out the things I don't have and work back from there so I can scrub PMT from the list and I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant :P

As for what you said about the bereavement that might also be the case but that's something for me to work out I guess.

I shall go travelling the site when I get home from work.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Interesting to see that most people are UK based...(well not that surprising with it being a UK site)

sal
19-04-05, 15:01
Hi Bearo

Look forward to hearing fron you soon after you have had a good look round the site.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
19-04-05, 15:05
Hi Bearo,

Try:

http://www.questvitamins.co.uk/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=2936&cat=5&page=1

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

henri
19-04-05, 15:47
Hi Bearo,
welcome to the site! it's truly fantastic and i'm glad you found it. i reckon you should add a relaxation cd to your list of things to buy - i know it sounds really cheesy but it does actually work. when we stress out and panic our muscles are really tense - it's impossible to relax but a relaxation cd will take you through some exercises that will help chill you out.
take care and maybe see you in chat,
henri x

kairen
19-04-05, 15:47
Hi bearo.

Welcome to the site, you will get loads of help and understanding here, just ask and there will always be someone who can help,

we hava good chat room on a night, its a good way to get to know people on the site.

good to hear you can rule out pregnancy and pmt on your first visit here, see the progress you have made already...

welcome again and take care
make sure you have a good read of the welcome page

kairen x

nomorepanic
19-04-05, 16:48
Hi Bearo

Welcome aboard the forum and pleased that you have found us.

Work and stress can play a big part in panic/anxiety so you are not alone there.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here. I am sure you will soon feel like part of the furniture!

Nicola

Jan
19-04-05, 19:03
Hi Bearo

Welcome to the site. Another one that likes bears!! Nice username. Its amazing what can trigger panic attacks and how they just come along with no warning. I know that you will get alot of help and support from the site.

Take care and watch that PMT, nasty thing you know!

Janine

Karen
19-04-05, 22:02
Hi Bearo

Welcome to the site. You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

zena
19-04-05, 22:51
Hi Bearo,

Welcome to the site honey.
You'll get loads of advise and the people are friendly.
Any questions all you need to do is ask and you'll be amazed how many answers you get.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

lainey
20-04-05, 09:21
Hi bearo

Welcome to the site mate

Take care

Elaine x

sal
21-04-05, 00:05
Hi Bearo

Hope the site has helped you and would be great to hear how you are doing.

Love Sal xx