PDA

View Full Version : Link between ectopics and stomach problems

LizzieT
19-06-08, 11:13
Does anyone find that their ectopics are worse when they have just eaten and are sitting down? Or even when they have an upset stomach or a gassy stomach.

Had a terrible morning this morning. Ate breakfast, got ready for work and then jumped into the car with hubby to drive to work. Started getting semi ectopics I call them. Doesn't feel like a full ectopic just a feeling like one, maybe even a half ectopic if that is possible. Of course these made me feel crappy. Very lightheaded and really thought I was a goner this time. Just didn't feel right. Of course I know that it was my anxiety and stress that was making me feel crappy.

My stomach ended up being upset for the rest of the day with reflux and generally feeling unwell. Had to take some Mylanta this afternoon to stop the queasiness.

This happened a little while ago where I had a terribly upset stomach with a lot of gas and the worst ectopics imaginable.

Does this happen to anyone else or what do you think about a possible correlation between ectopics and stomach problems.

After this morning though, I have made a solemn vow to myself that I am sick of feeling crappy and am going to start taking a more serious approach at looking after myself, eating property, exercising and taking my magnesium amd vitamins and not being afraid to go to the doctors.

Thanks

Keszler
12-07-08, 11:39
Hi,
I am convinced there is a link between ectopics and stomach problems, though this has never been fully explained to me.
Personally I find if I get acid reflux at night the ectopics can be triggered, or after a heavy meal. I susspect this is nothing to do with the food that I've eaten per se but there is a physical link between the stomach and the heart. There is quite a bit written on the Internet about the role the vagus nerve may play in this. Interestingly, posture can also trigger/calm ectopics and this may have something to do with nerve pathways?
Good luck.

Bonamat
15-07-08, 23:54
Lizzie T
This happens to me often, in fact it happened this morning, I jumped in my car, started to belch and off it went. I was in two minds to go straight to A&E. It also happens after drinking hot coffee or tea quickly, I am a coffee fanatic and have recently gone over to decaf coffee & tea. Not the same, but I have had enough of these episodes to know now is the time to quit caffeine.

tayside lassie
16-07-08, 09:09
hi lizziet..yes they are connected ....ive had GERD for 15 year and ectopics for the same and never made the conection till 4 year ago ...it was when i was on a diet and suffered from them real bad told the g.p he then said it was because i have gerd and on a diet i was going long periods without food (three meals a day no snacks ) my main large meal was tea time and with-in an hour of finishing WHAM massive ectopics ..gp suggested to have a little snack in between meals and split my main tea time meal in two ...my PILL TAGAMET was increased and now only suffer ectopics a little now ...and as the other posters mention VAGUS NERVE has something to do with it ?

sally

ronski
28-07-08, 19:13
Hi Lizzie T

Yes I am sure there is a link between abberant vagus nerve conduction and ectopics and occaisional shortness of breath without ectopics. I have suffered from Gerd for years and had the associated problems that you suffered from in the last 15 months. I was diagnosed with extensive oesophageal ulceration after having a scope. So it was acid touching the exposed ends of the vagus nerve that was causing the symptoms.

I am now on Lansoprazole a PPI and all of my symptoms have now cleared up. I had a holiday break from the PPI,s last Jan and within a month all of the symptoms returned with avengence. After 2 months treatment again with Lansoprazole everything is now fine, so there is the evidence.
All the best
Ron