PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness

Cazza50
19-06-08, 17:02
Does anyone know why I get headrushes for no reason? This afternoon I was just sat reading, I didn't move, stand or anything and all of a suddern it was like the world just lurched sideways. It went after a couple of seconds but it really scared me. It has happened before without serious consequences but everytime it happens I am getting more and more scared about being dizzy, its like a phobia, I won't do anything anymore that might make me dizzy and its taking over my life.

mandie
19-06-08, 20:34
Hi Cazza

This is my worse anxiety symptom, and the one i fear the worst.

Like u, i could just be sitting there reading, and it just happens.

I know the more i fear it, the more it stays with me, but im finding it very hard not to keep thinking about it.

love mandie x

randomworry
19-06-08, 21:48
dizziness is a symtom of anxiety guys try not to worry about it too much

lukgem
19-06-08, 23:02
I sometimes get these. At first I was really worried and thought there was something wrong with me. It turned out that I have low blood pressure and it happens to me at the most unexpected times. I can even be lying in bed and all of a sudden I will feel dizzy and I just have to lie still and stay calm. To be honest, since I have found out it was my blood pressure, it hasn't happened as often. I do find that stress and pressure sometimes brings it on, but as the doctor has not given me anything for it, I just have to get through the little episode.

I hope this helps, and that you don't worry about it too much. I know it can be very scary as it terrifies me when it happens when I am lying down as I don't know why it has happened but it is soon over.

:flowers:

lesleyB
20-06-08, 09:37
Yes, I get these as well, can be just sitting watching tv and all goes sideways most bizzare. My doctor say's it can't be anything neurological as I have it for years and it would have got worse by now.:yesyes:
Don't worry be happy:hugs: :hugs:
Lesleyb

bab
20-06-08, 18:14
im constantly dizzy - feel like im walking ona ship

bab
20-06-08, 18:15
im always scared im going to pass out though so maybe thats why - anxiety is just fabulous!

KAREN L
20-06-08, 18:43
Yep it's *loody awful isnt it.

Today has been very bad for me but tomorrows another day!

If i get really scared of the dizziness i just say to myself ok i havn't passed out before so i'm not going to today. Also i am having my bloods checked again next week as i have suffered from low iron before and that can make you really dizzy. Heavy periods (sorry guys) are also an indication of low iron.
Try not to worry.

Hey it's Friday night and i'm going to have a nice glass of red - sod it.

Karen
x