PDA

View Full Version : Young, new & anxious!

kimberleyjane1986
19-06-08, 20:08
Hi all

Been on this a few days now and posted a few things so thought i would introduce myself properly.

I'm Kim and am 21 years young - been suffering from anxiety for a few years and used to have panic attacks when i started developing Chronic Urticaria (something i still suffer from and take daily antihistamines) - the anx did go away for a long time but came back with a vengeance about 2 months ago triggered by me stupidly googling frequent headaches when i started gettin daily ones and stabbing head pains - and coming away worrying about all sorts of horrible instant death type situtations as you can imagine! Headaches are a little better now asI have kind of reassured myself these are down to tension due to poor posture at my desk at work. Recently been suffering chest pains and palpitations (see my symptoms posts) after hearing some stuff on Sudden Cardiac Deaths in under 30's.

I have always worried - when i was younger i was scared of my own shadow and convinced everything i saw in movies would happen to me - Volcano errupting in my small sleepy english town, asteroid hitting earth, dinosaurs evading the world and eating me etc, etc...

Am finding this site so helpful in reassuring me i am not only one feeling like this and that there are others going through what i am - instead of googling anything health related (bad idea, please don't do it) i come on here to vent my worries and read other peoples experiences. Hopefully that, combined with my upcoming docs appointment should start to get me back on my feet and on road to recovery from the daily, disabling dread that i suffer from.

Thanks for listening and i hope i get to talk to some of you soon and maybe help a little too.

Big, healing hugs to you all. :bighug1:

Kim xxx

Southern_Belle
19-06-08, 20:56
Hi Kim,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
19-06-08, 20:56
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

kellie
20-06-08, 10:08
Hiya kimberly, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along they way. Hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care.

kellie. xxxxxxxxx

milly jones
20-06-08, 13:04
hi kim

i know for a fact thats there are nmpers who suffer with urticaria here, and other health issues

welcome to nmp and glad u decided to join

love

milly xx

Lindalou64
20-06-08, 13:06
Hello Kim And Welcome....wish Ya Well..........linda

Nibbles
21-06-08, 22:11
Hi Kim and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
22-06-08, 10:59
Hi Kim

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

jodie
22-06-08, 11:05
hiya kim

welcome to nmp

jodie xx

nomorepanic
22-06-08, 15:57
Hi Kim

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.
Hope we can be of some help.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left as well for loads of advice and tips for coping.

EmmaJane
22-06-08, 16:45
Hi,

Welcome to NMP

Emma x

chalky
22-06-08, 19:31
Hi Kim,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky